Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing in my mkv for a some work on the dsg tranny, it's doing the jerking thing in 1st and reverse, same stuff outlined in the extended warranty letter.

They plan to try the reflash first (I don't think it will work, I think it's the bushings prematurely wearing), then look at replacing the mechatronic unit.

Will the reflash, or replacement of the mechtronic unit (dunno if they relfash after that too) erase my APR programming?

If so, can I get it reflash by an APR dealer for free (or just labor) instead of having to fork out another $600?

I've been told APR keeps files on which car has their programming (VIN) so they should be able to tell if I'm trying to scam or not.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
does your dealer know you're chipped? If so just ask them, and whether or not they know double and triple check with your apr dealer

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
does your dealer know you're chipped? If so just ask them, and whether or not they know double and triple check with your apr dealer
They do not know I'm chipped and the last dealership tried to tell me I was chipped (suspected because of my licence plate frame was from a vw/audi tuner) and was refusing to do any warranty work on it. I complained to VW Canada (denying having any aftermarket goodies) and they suggested this other dealership.

I plan to put it back to stock when I go there and play dumb if they get suspicious.

I guess I'll shoot [email protected] on golfmkv a line, he can give me the str8 goods. I don't want to ask my APR dealer because he'd probably just say I'm out $600 to get some more bidness.

I'm just curious if anyone has had a dealer reflash and had their aftermarket reflash erased.

·
Registered
59 Posts
APR dealer will reflash it for free if you have previously purchased it.

·
is Afraid of the Dyno
3,504 Posts
Some places reserve the right to charge a fee for the reflash.
But yeah, if they're writing over your ECU, then the flash will be written over.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Well, the dsg reflash is completely seperate from the ecu software. So if they are just doing the dsg flash your software will be fine. Either way apr will, at most, just charge a shop fee of 50-100 bux

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
yea im having a bitchingproblem now!!! yes my dealer did something cuz my airbag light was on, and now i have no more APR!! the worst thing is, the shop that i had my reflash done is OUT OF BIS!!! so i went to the next closest one and he said that i have to pay him... im out 600 bones and pissed off at the world

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
They do not know I'm chipped and the last dealership tried to tell me I was chipped (suspected because of my licence plate frame was from a vw/audi tuner) and was refusing to do any warranty work on it. I complained to VW Canada (denying having any aftermarket goodies) and they suggested this other dealership.

I plan to put it back to stock when I go there and play dumb if they get suspicious.

I guess I'll shoot [email protected] on golfmkv a line, he can give me the str8 goods. I don't want to ask my APR dealer because he'd probably just say I'm out $600 to get some more bidness.

I'm just curious if anyone has had a dealer reflash and had their aftermarket reflash erased.

I'd not know this, I'vbe been to the dealer once ... to get a part

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
yea im having a bitchingproblem now!!! yes my dealer did something cuz my airbag light was on, and now i have no more APR!! the worst thing is, the shop that i had my reflash done is OUT OF BIS!!! so i went to the next closest one and he said that i have to pay him... im out 600 bones and pissed off at the world
Youre not out 600 bux. just a shop fee of like 100 bux max. apr has all your info and you should also have a receipt from your original purchase. Call apr and pay shop fee and your back in buisness

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
****it, cars about payed off, im kinda liking that revo select pro, maybe ill give them a try

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Youre not out 600 bux. just a shop fee of like 100 bux max. apr has all your info and you should also have a receipt from your original purchase. Call apr and pay shop fee and your back in buisness
Yes, I've confirmed this with APR now:

"Free reflash at any APR dealer. When you plug in it will identify your vin number and will know you had APR software and entitle you to get it back."

Key word there is ANY APR dealer, not only the shop that installed it in the first place.

So, needless to say, i'm happy now, and especially if they just flash the dsg ecu, as I'm 400mi away from the closest APR dealer and won't be able to get there until late Aug

Thanks for all the input guys!

[party1]

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
****it, cars about payed off, im kinda liking that revo select pro, maybe ill give them a try
Be careful with rev0. I would do some logging if you are gonna use them. I heard and saw some bad juju about rev0

·
is Afraid of the Dyno
3,504 Posts
Their tune is very aggressive aparently, but it's also adjustable...
So, pick your poison.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Their tune is very aggressive aparently, but it's also adjustable...
So, pick your poison.
Yes it is adjustable, if you know what you are doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts