Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, 495 and 695 are being resurfaced, and every morning there is a nice gravel layer left over. My car had maybe two chips before this week, now it's effin blasted. Hood and windshield got the worst of it. Alright, done venting. Heads up for any traveling through.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Same thing happened in my area, the main strip of highway I travel through was being reconstructed (Still is) into a 3 lane highway (Can't Fvcking wait!).
I have avoided it at all cost and if you have a way around it. You probably should too.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing happened in my area, the main strip of highway I travel through was being reconstructed (Still is) into a 3 lane highway (Can't Fvcking wait!).
I have avoided it at all cost and if you have a way around it. You probably should too.
Yeah, gonna do that even if it adds an hour on my commute.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove through those areas about three weeks ago on my way to Florida and MAN, I've never driven over worse paved roads in my life. Glad to hear they're fixing it. Sorry about the chips.
Thanks, maybe I'll get a carbon fiber hood after they are done.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I feel your pain. Well, my car feels your cars pain.
Every day.
Gotta say though, I think they're a little better in Va.
Especially since the hot lanes are pretty much done.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I feel your pain. Well, my car feels your cars pain.
Every day.
Gotta say though, I think they're a little better in Va.
Especially since the hot lanes are pretty much done.
Yup, but until the hot lanes, for 2 years, I went through this on the daily. Countless chips/dents in my hood now *sigh

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yup, but until the hot lanes, for 2 years, I went through this on the daily. Countless chips/dents in my hood now *sigh
Ohio's roads are quite bad as well.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Louisiana's roads are the worst I've been on, or Norfolk Va. Not counting this resurfacing BS.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I think Louisiana's roads are the worst I've been on, or Norfolk Va. Not counting this resurfacing BS.
Louisiana's are pretty bad. You know as soon as you're in Louisiana because the roads immediately get crappy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts