Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. , the hard part was finding someone with a vag-com to turn of the DRLs

I found a guy that has one BUT he told me I can use it but I have to do the procedure.

So my question to my fellow FAST owners is.....................

who here has done this and can you give me a "step by step" on how to do it?

any help would be great!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
(Controller Area Network bus) A rugged serial bus designed for industrial environments. Introduced by Bosch in 1986 for in-vehicle networks in cars, it is used in myriad applications including factory automation, building automation, aircraft and aerospace as well as in cars, trucks and buses. CAN bus replaced bulky wiring harnesses with a two-wire differential cable.

CAN provides services at layers 1 and 2 of the OSI model and uses a broadcast method for placing frames on the wire. CAN provides low-speed, fault-tolerant transmission of 125 Kbps up to 40 meters, which can function over one wire if a short occurs. Transmission without fault tolerance is provided up to 1 Mbps and 40 meters, and distances up to 1 km are achieved with bit rates of 50 Kbps.

Introduced in 1995, CANopen is a high-level application layer protocol that provides services for processes, data and network management. CAN in Automation (CiA) is an international organization that governs the CANopen protocol. For more information, visit www.can-cia.de.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts