Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, has anybody had problems with the daytime running lights not working on the 07' GTI? thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't run into that issue, but I did notice that the DRLs shut off when you pull the handle for the emergency brake. Not a whole lot of info to give you, but it's a start.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
parve said:
hello, has anybody had problems with the daytime running lights not working on the 07' GTI? thanks!
Are you the original owner? If pre-owned; they may have been disabled.

·
Registered
137 Posts
parve said:
I got my 07 gti 3 days ago. it says in the owners manual if the head light switch is set to the "o" then the DLR should be on when the ignition is on. this is not the case for me. i have no day time running lights i guess. i know the transmission has nothing to do with the lights. but it also said in my owners manual that if i am in "D" drive or "S" sport mode that the gear will be displayed on the right hand side. but that doesnt happen either. (the gear is only displayed for me if i go into tiptronic).what im trying to say is my owners manual might be for a UK model car or something and I am in Cali. so maybe some things are a little dif...im still breaking it in as i have only 195 miles. So at 600 miles if my LC doesnt work, like i hear about some people on this site, then i will take it back and tell VW and tell them i would like my car fixed. sorry i went off on 1 there but yea man my drl dont work too. :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
That's funny. I got my GTI in California too, and my DRL's were also disabled. I have a manual so can't speak to the other stuff, but I don't want my DRL's on anyway so I'm happy with my EuroCali GTI.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got mine in Long Beach California and my DRLs are always on once the parking brake is released. Maybe it is a difference between DSG and Manual (mine is stick).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
V-dub Junglist said:
Got mine in Long Beach California and my DRLs are always on once the parking brake is released. Maybe it is a difference between DSG and Manual (mine is stick).
Got mine in the LBC too....Circle Imports, Reiner is a hardcore G Homey...

Oh yeah, My DRL's have been on since day 1....I really don't like it

·
Registered
137 Posts
22350 said:
V-dub Junglist said:
Got mine in the LBC too....Circle Imports, Reiner is a hardcore G Homey...

Oh yeah, My DRL's have been on since day 1....I really don't like it
hey thats where i got my car and no DRL, i have the dsg trans

·
Registered
45 Posts
my DRL where not "Enabled" when I bought it, took it in to dealer, they just turned the right bit code on in the computer and bingo DRL on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I saw a Fast with only the foggers on as DRL's. Tripped me out. Is there a way to switch 'em?

BTW, I love the Xenons as DRL's. Makes it easy to spot another MKV coming down the road. Very distinctive look from other cars' DRL's....

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
shuke said:
I saw a Fast with only the foggers on as DRL's. Tripped me out. Is there a way to switch 'em?

BTW, I love the Xenons as DRL's. Makes it easy to spot another MKV coming down the road. Very distinctive look from other cars' DRL's....
Yes- you can do it yourself w/ VAG-Com or if you have a nice dealer...

·
Registered
1 Posts
As Dragon said; Yes you can turn off your DRL, or turn on your fogs as DRL. I have the VAG-COM for my car. When I recieved my Micro-CAN it only took 15 minutes to download the 704 program, run the software set up, install the USB driver on my laptop, Connect to My Fast, run the program and turn off the DRL's. Tha was the first thing I did with the VAG-COM. I have change other settings with equal ease and must say I am quite happy with the results.

G...

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Spyder550 said:
As Dragon said; Yes you can turn off your DRL, or turn on your fogs as DRL. I have the VAG-COM for my car. When I recieved my Micro-CAN it only took 15 minutes to download the 704 program, run the software set up, install the USB driver on my laptop, Connect to My Fast, run the program and turn off the DRL's. Tha was the first thing I did with the VAG-COM. I have change other settings with equal ease and must say I am quite happy with the results.

G...
Did you get your passing lamps to work with the high beams? I couldn't get that to work- I think it may be a conflict with having the fogs on w/ high beams. The only time I use my high beams is usually on backroads, and the brighter the better to spot the deer. O0

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
uncle dude said:
Can somebody please explain to me why it is such a big deal to have the DRL's on? Are they that offensive?
I don't think I would say offensive they are just kind of a waste to me. I had my DRL'S killed when I chipped 1. So I wouldn't kill the bulbs and 2. Just to a bit more low profile.

I also had my windows/sunroof set to roll down/up with the remote and brights and fogs on at the same time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.