Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share some tech data to be used with Dashcommand.

I recently purchased an ELM327 WiFi OBD2 Connector, there are many options out there, the one i got costs $17.82 and allows iOS users to connect to Dashcommand, which can be purchased via the App Store for $9.99.

Total of $27.81 to get a lot of info through your OBD port without any difficulties! For those interested:

For WiFi OBD2 connector purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAVMG1C/ref=cfb_at_prodpg
Rectangle Gadget Font Camera accessory Electric blue

For Dashcommand purchase:

For Dashcommand Vehicle Advanced Settings (Manual Transmission):
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

Curb Weight and Final Drive ratios would be different for Automatic Transmissions

GTI 2013 specs:
https://www.driverside.com/specs/volkswagen-gti-2013-30963-54128-0

Attachments

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Do you think there other apps, say for a laptop that can interface with that WiFi connector?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the ELM327 i got comes with a mini disc with their own SW in it. Honestly speaking i have not tested yet since my laptop does not have the cd driver... I guess all new laptops are getting rid of it... Anyway, i will check if there is anything to be downloaded online

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is very nice for an OBD-II reader.
Great for checking and clearing engine (ECU) faults,
on VWs or any other post 1996 make.
Limited to access only the OBD-II compliant functions of the VW ECU.
Additional functions are available through the VW interface of the ECU.

For VW, OBD-II is all it is, it provides no access to any of the VW modules in the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct Dataton. You cannot tweak your car via Dashcommand, only analyze data and have some fun with the performance tab for 1/4 pulls or race track days.

Anyway, i noticed that some data, like Boost, was totally off... and after some research online and playing around with the advanced settings i noticed i had to change my Volumetric Efficiency (VE)... mainly due to my intake (Carbonio). Now it shows and record the correct PSI for Boost, between 20-25 peak. I read on a forum comparing OEM and carbonio that carbonio was pulling 100% of efficience, i am not convinced but after changing the value on the VE setting between 85-95% i noticed that Dashcommand was giving me better readings, or more real performance readings.

The tool is great but if you modded your car you need to make sure all correct data is entered in order to have better results...

btw, does anyone know how much VE in percentage would carbonio give?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.