My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the day after i got my fast, i put on some Rain-X cuz in chicago we get some nasty storms in the summer. now when it rains the wipers don't wipe smoothly. instead they "drag" and skip all over the windshield like it was a sunny hot day. wtf?? anything i can put on to so they wipe smoothly??

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
hervic82 said:
the day after i got my fast, i put on some Rain-X cuz in chicago we get some nasty storms in the summer. now when it rains the wipers don't wipe smoothly. instead they "drag" and skip all over the windshield like it was a sunny hot day. wtf?? anything i can put on to so they wipe smoothly??
Try an alcohol swab or two... keep rubbing until the blade comes clean.

You can also use the backside of a razor blade to clean up the edge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put Rain-X on my windscreen and didn't have any problems - although the water doesn't seem to bead up too much either so maybe just have to put on a minimal amount?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I loooooooooove rain-x and swear by it.

Thats kinda funny, i'm in chicago right now on vaycay with family, though im from the philly area. Rain-x was the very first thing I did to my fast as soon as I got it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love rain-x as well... put it on when I first got the fast and I re-apply every 2 months or so. If you want to remove it, I did try and succeed at one point. Bought a bottle of Glass polish off eBay... off brand no name stuff. Claimed to have diamond crystals in it to polish scratches out of glass. Put it on the windshield, rubbed like a champion and the rain-x comes right off. Nothing else seemed to work at all, but the polish took it down to bare glass easily. Then after one rain storm later I couldn't understand how people drive without rain-x on there. So I put it back.

Get some new wipers, re-apply a fresh coat of rain-x (liquid not the wax one). And be happy. Sometimes if I get car wash soap and/or wax on the wiper blades they chatter like CRAZY with the rain-x on.... only fix I have found is to grab some new wiper blades and try hard not to get soap on them. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.