My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right below the headlights there are some panels that look like something should go there--these panels are right between the main headlight section and the section of honeycomb that houses the fog lights. I noticed that the smaller of the two panels feel loose on mine but I didnt want to pull them out. Is there any reason that they are there? Is this where those headlight washers are or would a 07 Pkg1 not have the washers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You are correct that houses the headlamp washers. I believe that VW only produced 2006 models with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a button for them or how can I tell? I never got the owner's manual with my car--still waiting on that to come in the mail from my dealer.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you had them - they activate every fifth time you engaged the control to clean your windshield. They do not have a dedicated control.

I have heard people can pull them up with their fingers but you have to over come a good deal of pressure to pull them out of hiding. I tried on my car a 2006 model and didn't have luck mainly cause I feared breaking the part off.

Follow up with your dealer and have them yank a manual out of another GTI on the lot. That has more info in it then you ever wished for.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ive heard that before, but on mine they work everytime I pull the windshield wipers to spray, as long as the headlights are on... I get my friends with them everytime I get the chance, they spray everywhere...

·
Registered
690 Posts
There was another topic created for this already. Looking in the owners manual would have answered that question, as well. Please use the search function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.