My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on creating custom badges and would like to see who would be interested in buying one to see if it is worth it to make..I'm thinking silver MK and a blue, black, or red V, possibly black with red edging.. It would look factory like the GTI badge...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some concept art? Sketches? Some really bad MSPaint work ;D?

For those of us with bad imaginations, help us out with pics!

But I have a good imagination, and what I'm imagining looks good!

Around 20? Sounds great to me.

Maybe, you could make the silver "MK." and a "V" to not match but play along with the car's color...

Like I think a black "V" with red lining would be hot on a white or red GTI. But maybe a red "V" for the black magics.

I'm not too sure what would go well with the UGrey, RSilver, or Blue though...

This is all assuming the badge is a rear-badge going around the vicinity of the GTI badge now!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think that chrome Mk and a black V with a red line in the center of the V to match the red stripe on the front bumper. The way I'm imagining it would look almost stock. Be a good match for the paint job on that white magic from the home page. I think it would look hot on any color GTI assuming it is a rear badge like phantom was thinking. If that is hard to do a red v would probably look best on anything but the red GTI. It would be a "Where's Waldo" hunt unless you left chrome on the outside visible like on the old GTI badge. I'll get back to you with a picture when I get a chance.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's what I'd like mine to look like (Candy White):

It would look so awesome on the CW paintjob, because it takes the theme from the front of the car (white, black, and a little red), and uses it on the back of the car, making it look way better. If you made me one like this, that matches the GTI font and color scheme, I'd pay you about $50.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually I was thinking of something closer to this, I dont have photoshop on this computer, but if look at this and imagine the MK to be just like the M and the V to be the same width just with a different color scheme...

I could look into the black with red outline for white and grey GTI's, and maybe white with red outline for black magics, and maybe just straight blue for reds...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm thinking you would do well to include the rabbit as part of the GTI badge as an option. The GTI I saw on this board (not sure who) with that rabbit was pretty good looking...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would buy it as long as the "M" and the "K" are black, and the "V" is straight red.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im still working on pricing, just had my son, so things have been a little crazy the few days..I let everyone know what to expect and if multiple color schemes would be worth it cost wise...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am still looking for options to make this happen, but everyone I talk to wants to charge $400-$600 to make the mold for this, and then an additional $80-$110 per piece under 300... so right now, aint gonna happen.. but Im still looking for different options...

·
Registered
148 Posts
You know the VW circles on the front and the back of the car? If we got a badge in that circular shape to go over that, I'd buy two. Instead of the VW, we'd have the Fast as the logo instead.

I'd love that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
But that covers up the pretty Volkswagen emblem. It's one of the most recognizable symbols today, plus, I think it looks cool. It really accentuates the car.

To each his own...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts