Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stupid curb sticks out about 6 inches and now i have circular scratches on the front passenger rim. any suggestions?

·
Registered
857 Posts
do you have the 18" huffs?

I heard that those scratch SUPER easily, even going through a car wash or something stupid like that....

which is part of the reason i opted for the standard 17's

·
Registered
352 Posts
How deep are the scratches? If they are minimal you can sand it down and use automotive grade spray paint to cover it up. But if the scratches are really deep, I don't think there is anything you can do about it. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
their the huffs some arent deep at all but some are. thanks for the input i'll try and see what happens

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can send the wheel to a wheel repair place. I sent my motorcycle rims to get repaired once after hitting a huge pothole. I can't remember the name of the place or I'd recommend them. Anyway, if it is just the paint that is scratched then you can take them to a body shop to have it fixed. If it is there is a gouge in the alloy then you may be better off with the wheel repair facility. Just go to google and type in "wheel repair".

Good Luck! Post some pics of before and after.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
by reading his name im assuming new york. GTInyc? GTI New York City?... by the way GTInyc what do you get gas mileage wise city driving?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, my bad. I realized it about the time I hit post. I know a guy in the UK that would make em good as new, but obviously not going to work in this case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts