Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wanna read some stories of what my fellow vdubbers have done with their car. May it be sad like you wrecked it, May it be that you did something you didnt expect, or proved someone up. Just post something up, or just something you like about GTI that you really like.

For started Ill start it off; I was feeling the urge to go faster than average and I saw a car about 1/8 of a mile away. The road merged about 1/2 a mile down the road to a single lane road. Well i put my wagon in 2nd and gunned it. Pasted the car on the the shoulder and when i looked back i realized i just past an unmarked cruiser. A few seconds after he turned his lights on he turned them off and drove past me. I was confused???​

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it could be, but i was shocked at the fact that he was a cop and that he turned his lights off. Either way i wish somehow someone recorded it, would made a nice video.

·
Registered
745 Posts
it could be, but i was shocked at the fact that he was a cop and that he turned his lights off. Either way i wish somehow someone recorded it, would made a nice video.
I had almost the same situation... I was driving from sacramento some tahoe wanted to race and i was tired and i was like nah... then he takes off turns on his sirens... turns out it was a under cover cop and i was like woooh thank god i didnt race... well my story about my car is i love her more than my GF (she gets mad that i care about it more than anything lol) too bad when i come to work i dont drive her because shes too low and i carry MASSIVE people with me so i cant drive her so she sits in the garage or outside crying =*[ but she loves the weekend aka my days off =]...

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a wreck in my vdub, but it's all good now I got him back and I am very thankful to have it back now...destroyed some del sol today. In a race that is. Pretty fun getting an evil stare from him as i flew by

·
Registered
745 Posts
I had a wreck in my vdub, but it's all good now I got him back and I am very thankful to have it back now...destroyed some del sol today. In a race that is. Pretty fun getting an evil stare from him as i flew by
i love showing VEE-DUB power to honda's.. except when i got smoked by my friends crx B16 swap DOHC with straight pipe and intake... well i got him from launches but freeway he got me but im going to get him back soon =]

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
i love showing VEE-DUB power to honda's.. except when i got smoked by my friends crx B16 swap DOHC with straight pipe and intake... well i got him from launches but freeway he got me but im going to get him back soon =]
That crx weighs like 5 lbs. Haha thats y its quick

·
Registered
745 Posts
That crx weighs like 5 lbs. Haha thats y its quick
*proof* oh and he has a carbon fiber hood and its gutted from the back too lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I've done that. I remember when some guys where like oh that's just a golf you can beat that. When i put it in 3rd gear that eclispse was 2 Cars behind

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was at a red light, and the lane I was in starts merging right after the intersection. Anyway a friggen van is next to me so I'm like oh ok, easy merge. light turns green and im expecting to shift at like 3k for an easy overtake.

But a VAN tried to race me, needless to say it didn't stand a chance. got to the next intersection and the black lady rolled down her window and started yelling at me LOL

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i went airborne. but i didnt realize it until i like 3 seconds after it... me and my buddy said the same thing, did we just go airborne? crazy feeling

·
Registered
745 Posts
Until you go airborne with hang-time you are not as awsome as me.
did that in my moms Volvo XC90 doing 90 on a jump got some air and everyones knees hit the roof except me and passenger lol even someone got hit on the back of the head with someone elses knees lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
haha love surprising people when they think my car is not fast
yup i do too some people want to race then they get taken out then they turn is ashament lol

1 - 20 of 76 Posts