Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha just kidding but I have been going power sliding on the snow recently!

Everyone with a front wheel drive car knows the handbrake is (almost always) necessary in order to have some fun. In the past week I have been going out in the little snow that we have to spin my car around :p .
I noticed this morning though that the leather on my handbrak has come loose and is now coming off!
I can literally peel the leather off the handbrake, exposing the plastic underneath...

Have any of you encountered this problem? - Its about time for me to head back to the dealer...so many issues to fix

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
hahahah....uhhhh....nope!!! I'd like to see the service guys face though when you take it to the dealership!!! hahaha he's gonna know EXACTLY what you've been doing you bad boy!!!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
power sliding scares the crap out of me...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a lot of fun though as long as you dont go too fast and dont do it in tight spaces...
The next time you get snow in NJ you should find an empty parking lot and just pull the handbrake while going 10 MPH just to see how it feels...you'll change your mind (dont mess up your handbrake leather though :p )

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
haha, I'll try not to. This is a bad idea, but I'm gonna give it a go anyways

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I torn mine too, but i bought a new black one w/ red stiching. It looks great!
hmm if I got a good deal on a red stitched steering wheel and a handbrake as a combo I might be tempted...I think I am just going to go ask the parts guy at the dealer instead to see if I can get it for FREE

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yeah there you go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.