Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on my car with a little over 30k miles on them, got them back in 2011. Front 2 are at around 3-4/32" and rear are at around 5/32's so I know I need to get them rotated.

The tires have spent most of their life in Texas and Arizona which are fairly dry climates. Recently moved out to DC where its alot colder and can get some occasional winter weather.

However, I noticed that all 4 tires seem to be cracking around the edges. I have attached some pictures and can attach more if necessary.

IMAG0499.jpg IMAG0500.jpg IMAG0501.jpg

Is it time to replace, or should I be good?

Attachments

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Why, they are unsafe and pretty much toast. Not very responsible to sell them to someone else. But if you can get a goof to buy them, why not I guess.

Tires only last 5-6 years, and these are 4 years old and have accelerated wear due to the environment down south

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I stopped by Costco to see what they had tire wise and the guy mentioned selling mine to get some money back.
My question would be, if they're good enough to sell... then why do you need to replace them? I mean unless someone just wants crappy tires to drift with?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys, going to Costco later today to get the Pilot Sport A/S 3s installed.

Will be dumping the old tires as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Got the new set on and wow, the rear tires are in WAY better shape than the front. That's what I get for not rotating them as frequently as I should [suicide]

·
Registered
41 Posts
It would be better to replace those tires with new set and make sure that the tire you will be purchase aren't expired.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update: Got the new set on and wow, the rear tires are in WAY better shape than the front. That's what I get for not rotating them as frequently as I should [suicide]
How's the performance of the Pilot Sport A/S3 so far? Need to change my tires soon and I'm currently looking for possible options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts