Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically im a noob here, but to cars im not a noob. Recently made the swich from Honda to VW and couldnt be happier to be with you guys!

Just got an 06 GTI MKV and heres my situation...

so every now and then i get a CEL and get p0507, IAC reading higher volume of air then normal. i also get a code for catalyst, due to the code for IAC. My filler neck blew off my engine when redlining it once so i assume my PCV is shot. When i remove my dipstick while idling the motor runs SLIGHTLY worse. donst stall or sputter, just a minimal change in idle sound, rpm stays consistant. I have a new PCV valve and new IRC motor in the mail should be here in a couple days. Also have the Neuspeed P-Flo Intake on its way. My question for you guys is DO YOU THINK IM CORRECT WITH THE PARTS IVE ORDERED FOR THE CEL FIX? and when installing the intake is it a good idea to reset my computer so that it recognizes the new intake?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would get everything straightened out and then install the intake. The computer and the MAF censor usually automatically adjusts to the increase in airflow smoothly, you shouldn't have to reset the computer or anything. But I'm not sure if the other issues you're having might complicate the installation of the intake. That's why I suggest you get everything else straightened out, then install the intake, and you should be golden.

·
Registered
380 Posts
One thing I would say is that you should return the PCV valve and buy a catch can from 42DD. $250 and the problem is solved.
^ this with a link for you: http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Mk5-FSI-Ultimate-Oil-Catch-Can-Solution_p_297.html

I would get everything straightened out and then install the intake. The computer and the MAF censor usually automatically adjusts to the increase in airflow smoothly, you shouldn't have to reset the computer or anything. But I'm not sure if the other issues you're having might complicate the installation of the intake. That's why I suggest you get everything else straightened out, then install the intake, and you should be golden.
and this ^

and you should be set!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that catch can setup is actually really cool. defiantly gunna be my next project. the PCV was free so im going to install that when i get it and then the intake, but after looking at the 24 draft catch can link im 100% getting it, gunna check NAMotorsports.net for it first because they are very close to me and their parts arrive next day every time ... thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
390 Posts
that catch can setup is actually really cool. defiantly gunna be my next project. the PCV was free so im going to install that when i get it and then the intake, but after looking at the 24 draft catch can link im 100% getting it, gunna check NAMotorsports.net for it first because they are very close to me and their parts arrive next day every time ... thanks for the help guys
No prob, and good call on NA mortorsports :mad:@:, I've ordered a few things from them and theyve never disappointed. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts