Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the pic of the new concept R32 and I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to paint the rims (with accent coloring, not the whole rim)?

I saw some guy on here talking about chroming out the whole rim, which would be really cool no doubt, but im gonna imagine it will be waaaaaay to expensive for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? that's not that bad, let me know if you go for it and i might just follow...maybe

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
If you do it, I wanna see pics. We're talking about chrome Huffeisens, right?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah. I love the wheel. I have looked for something already chromed that I like, but nothing compares. Seem like all of the wheels out there are spoked, and show too much of the rotors.

Sure. If I get it done, I'l post some shots.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I've gained interest in this. I want my Huffs too be a dark gray/gunmetal. Kinda the way they are on the insides. Where would I go to get this done? A paint shop?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've often thought of painting the Huffs dark too, I think the darker gray or black would look great on my Tornado Red. Scans, why is it a bad idea to paint the rims?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ecoterragaia said:
I've often thought of painting the Huffs dark too, I think the darker gray or black would look great on my Tornado Red. Scans, why is it a bad idea to paint the rims?
Paint chips super easy, doesn't hold up over time, ect (I've only seen neg results from people I have seen do it)........for rims the only sure way to get a quality job is powder coating.

·
Registered
747 Posts
How about a gunmetal grey on a CW GTI? what do you think?
I found this place right next to my house that makes custom wheels for bikes, and paints/powders/chromes...etc. wheels
The turn around right now would be 3 days!! dont have a price yet though

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
That would look sick, man. I love candy whites, especially with 18's... now GRAY/GUNMETAL that would look awesome in my opinion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i actually was just looking for a place to paint my 18"s...i want to paint them all black, either do powder coating (got a good price)...but i was thinking black chrome??? i know that would be much more expensive but really whats the differnce in look?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
pacokd said:
man u should powder coat rims in gold or brownish i saw a CW gti with gold huffs IT IS SICK
This is about the only MkV that I like w/ gold wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts