Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Value within Class
2-dr w/nav. sys., man. 4-dr, man. 2-dr w/nav.sys., 18-in whls., SMT Class Average
6 6 6 6
GTI offers many laudable standard safety features, and some uncommonly upscale conveniences. But options can lift sticker prices to the top of the class. Also, Volkswagen scores subpar customer-satisfaction ratings for reliability and dealer service. Still, this is a a practical hatchback with near premium-compact build quality and serious driving-enthusiast appeal.
Are the customer-satisfaction comments true for:
  • reliability?
  • dealer service?

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2007-volkswagen-gti-1.htm
[/list]

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have had ZERO problems with the reliability of the car. In the past, VW has had complaints about the reliability and quality, but these new MKV's seem to be holding up very well.

As far as the dealer service is concerned, basically, it depends. I live in Dallas and go to Park Cities VW. The service here is absolutely top notch, and I'm treated like I'm VIP every single time I go up there. Some dealerships have TERRIBLE service. It depends on the dealership, and VW does have a history of poor service. Obviously however this is not the case everywhere, make friends with the service advisors/managers and you will have great service.

·
Registered
274 Posts
10bv01 said:
I have had ZERO problems with the reliability of the car. In the past, VW has had complaints about the reliability and quality, but these new MKV's seem to be holding up very well.

As far as the dealer service is concerned, basically, it depends. I live in Dallas and go to Park Cities VW. The service here is absolutely top notch, and I'm treated like I'm VIP every single time I go up there.
And Colette is very easy on the eyes! :-*

·
Registered
857 Posts
hahaha, yeah, so you go there too huh?

Keith is my service guy and has been for a while.

He jokingly calls Colette a crackwhore/hooker. She has a super wealthy bf with a Bentley Continental GT, and Keith always goes, "somebody that rich ought to be doin better than you Colette"

Steve started up the Carrera GT for me one time so I could hear the engine.

Great place, I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone in the Dallas area.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Also Consider:
Chevrolet Cobalt
Honda Civic
Mazda 3

You gotta be kidding me!

And they listed rear seat room as a con. I have never seen so much rear seat room in a compact, how much are they expecting?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
yeah, they seemed to be overly hopeful. They wanted the car to be absolutely perfect. I guess.... critics... what are you gonna do?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thalo said:
You gotta be kidding me!

And they listed rear seat room as a con. I have never seen so much rear seat room in a compact, how much are they expecting?
Yeah, that has some stupid cons :\

I second the rear seat room comment, for the car being tinier then my integra, it has much more room in back.

GTI Value in Class: 6
Mazda Value In Class: 9
Honda Value In Class: 9

Umm, I don't think so....

·
Registered
18 Posts
This guy must've had the exhaust flowing directly back into the cabin. Rear seat room? A) Like the drivers of this car give a rat's ass about room in the back B) My wife's 01.5 Passat Wagon has the same amount of room in the back.

Fuel Consumption? I've only put about 3300 miles on 07 dsg, but have yet to get less than 26 mpg(averaging 27).

Materials/Controls "some testers find legibility hindered by blue/purple dashboard lighting"...Should've read, "Some tester's visability hindered by ass-cheeks blocking the view". To actually complain about the color of the dashboard in nuts.

Lastly, the value in class rating of 6....Find a better car for what VW is charging for the GTI, please.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Given their "excellent" arguments, and considering the nothing-less-than-rave reviews I've read EVERYWHERE else, it's safe to say I'll be ignoring this blasphemy. The reviewers sound like a couple of winners, too...since we all know blue gauges are just horrible on the eyes. Have fun w/ your Civic DX's guys, since you obviously value them more (correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the Civic "plagued" with that SAME EXACT gauge color???). Me, I'll stick w/ my (soon to arrive) GTI any day. ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hell, I turn the lights on as often as possible to see that blue. The display is both useful and elegant. And blue is about the best color out there for avoiding eye fatigue. These rags rate everything as if it were a toaster or some other appliance. Waste of time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts