Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
a pack of cigs. Even though I have sworn to not smoke in my car, to keep the new car smell as long as I can. ^-^

lol

What about you?

#dp

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wallet, house keys, phone, ;D

Depending on my mood I'll take off any rings or my watch too. Nice and chilly when I throw them back on ;D

·
Registered
690 Posts
I bought a Snickers on my way home when I bought it because that's what the salesman used as an example when he was describing the feature.

I didn't turn the AC on, though. It was like 40 out that day...

·
Registered
16 Posts
my 07 GTI only has glove box cooling. I do have a question about it though.
Does the glove box door have to be closed to allow the air to come out of the vent in the glove box?
With the glove box open and my hand in front of the vent I feel no air with the fan on high.
I will test my theory tonight on the way home I will empty the glove box and place 1 item in the box and see if it becomes cool during my 20 minute commute.
If it does become cool the answer is "YES" the door has to be closed for the vent to make contact with the air source.
Has any body else tested this yet?
let me know
Thanks
07 GTI MkV Candy White 6 manual and 17's pkg 1. Cloth seat are more comfortable for larger drivers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand your dilema, I too suffered with a question like this. After much anquish I finally figured out what happens with the light in the fridge when you close the door. My wife was a little cold in there for a while but at least I now have my answer. Like they say, no pain, no gain. With regard to the glove box, I know what you mean. I don't feel the air blow either but damn if the stuff in there isn't cool when you open it up. Out here in AZ this time a year that thing is a bonus that I hadn't expected, another well thought out idea from VW. Hope everyone enjoys spring time. 107 degrees here today, wonder what will happen when summer comes... lol

Jakschit

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thalo said:
I live in Canada. Won't be needing the AC until July/August.
Speak for yourself, it was very hot here last week in BC and I needed the A/C. At least it warmed up the pool nice and quick :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
half -way close it with your hand in there... it needs to be closed.
and i am keeping my cell phone and gum in there when it decides to heat up in upstate NY

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well my aluminum flashlight did not get cool on the way home from work the other evening. Going on a 160 mile trip this evening with tha AC on the whole time. I'll check my flashlight when I get to my destination.
I'll keep you all updated.
I keep paperwork, cd's, air gage, flashlight and cd's in my glove box, alas no gloves.
And it was 94 degrees F here in KS yesterday. DAMN that metal gear shift knob gets hot in the sun LOL. Going to wrap that sucker in some leather as soon as I can get to the surplus store to buy a remnant.
Enjoying the heck outa my fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts