Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my turbo goes into limp mode it only boost 5 when normal is 12 driving with my lights on and my right light stops working then then the turbo works fine then i turn lights on and off and back on the right light works again and turbo goes back to only boosting 5 and also if it is in limp mode I disconnect the battery it resets the computer so the turbo works fine for a lil after anybody got any ideas what sensor this may be or what?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
dude... thats a 1 sentence post. please use comas and periods if you want help. not trying to be a jerk but i honestly cant understand what you said

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
lol I guess I should have said hambone and xcrazydx.
haha I meant every word I said in a serious non mocking tone. It would just be so much easier to help out if the writing was a little more structured, thats all. I even said please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My turbo boost only 5 right now. Normal boost is 12. I turn my lights on driving along maybe 20 minutes. The right side headlight stops working. Then all of a sudden my turbo is working fine! Then i turn my headlights on and off and back on again. the right side headlight is back on but then the turbo is back to only boosting 5. I disconnected the battery and it all worked fine for a day. then it went back to the same problem any ideas what sensor this may be? Or if the computer is going bad?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My turbo boost only 5 right now. Normal boost is 12. I turn my lights on driving along maybe 20 minutes. The right side headlight stops working. Then all of a sudden my turbo is working fine! Then i turn my headlights on and off and back on again. the right side headlight is back on but then the turbo is back to only boosting 5. I disconnected the battery and it all worked fine for a day. then it went back to the same problem any ideas what sensor this may be? Or if the computer is going bad?
All i can tell from this is that there is something all sorts of [email protected]&$#% up in your car...

Could be an electrical issue, could be an ECU issue, could be anything...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
All i can tell from this is that there is something all sorts of [email protected]&$#% up in your car...

Could be an electrical issue, could be an ECU issue, could be anything...
Sounds to me like the ecu. That's the only connection between the turbo and the headlights right?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm gonna agree w/ Lumi.
Maybe check the connection of your grounds for corrosion and such? If at all possible, getting some codes read via vag-com or even an auto store will and should narrow down to where the gremlin may be hiding... maybe... hopefully...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I agree to scanning the car. Sounds like a lot of really weird problems... get it scanned, come back to us if there are any codes. If the ECU is toast you'll have to replace it unfortunately...

and thanks for editing, it honestly really helped

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ha. I couldn't help reading the original post like a speed reading, end of a commercial, disclamer guy. Deep voice and all. Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts