Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY EVERY ONE I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE FROM COLORADO. I AM GOING TO BE IN COLORADO FOR R&R AT THE END OF APRIL 2008. I WILL NOT HAVE MY GTI BUT ANY ONE INTRESTED IN MEET UP AND GOING TO GO DO SOMETHING LET ME KNOW. I WILL HAVE MY GALAXIE OR MUSTANG SO TRAVELING AROUND WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK. THIS FORUM IS ALSO OPEN TO ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH COLORADO.

JEFF HOUGNON

·
Registered
137 Posts
top of the chain gti said:
HEY EVERY ONE I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE FROM COLORADO. I AM GOING TO BE IN COLORADO FOR R&R AT THE END OF APRIL 2008. I WILL NOT HAVE MY GTI BUT ANY ONE INTRESTED IN MEET UP AND GOING TO GO DO SOMETHING LET ME KNOW. I WILL HAVE MY GALAXIE OR MUSTANG SO TRAVELING AROUND WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK. THIS FORUM IS ALSO OPEN TO ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH COLORADO.

JEFF HOUGNON
Hey. I already know that you know i am from Colorado but i d thought id post fro everyone else. I should have my GTI by April of 08 and it would be cool to meet some other GTI owners. PLus, in know some great roads for road rally racing and just a great view of nothing but scenery. I love CO.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking about a cruz some where, my wife has never been to my home town and i just want to take her some where and i think a cruz would be awsome

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds good. i will be in colorado for about 5 days than go to kansas for about 4 days and than back to colorado for about 9 days for a total of 18 days so i am hopping to go places i have not been yet. i did not travel that much when i was living in colorado. the bad thang is i will not have the gti but i will have the galaxie which should be out of the prison after having a off the frame resteration

·
Registered
137 Posts
top of the chain gti said:
that sounds good. i will be in colorado for about 5 days than go to kansas for about 4 days and than back to colorado for about 9 days for a total of 18 days so i am hopping to go places i have not been yet. i did not travel that much when i was living in colorado. the bad thang is i will not have the gti but i will have the galaxie which should be out of the prison after having a off the frame resteration
oh a fod galaxie. The ones with the ford 400 or 351's. those are nice cars. I am doing a frame off rebuild of a 65 chevelle malibu but it wont be done then cause im trying to buy a reliable daily driver or the GTI. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no it is a 390 ci and it is a hell of a car i will post pics later on

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well highway 141 is really nice but if you have that many days left over I also recommend Highway 550 from Ridgeway to Durango and or I-70 exit Minturn up to Leadville. That last one to Leadville is the funner one to drive with a huge mountain pass and constant uphill curves until you get to Leadville. And once your there you go to the small local pizza shop called Mountain High Pies or something like that and have some of the best pizza money can buy!!! However, the road from Ridgeway to Durango is where I always take people that have never been to Colorado. You just have this insanely high mountain pass that gets to about 12000 feet and while you drive up there are hundreds of abandoned land mines from back during the gold rush. I think one of the most beautiful drives in Colorado that also shows some of the raw history.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.