Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Just for touch up?

Dealer.
Agree. O0 Although they will charge serious money for it. I think when I last went to the dealer and asked for one then they said it would be around $60 IIRC. Do not quote me on that though. Order one from ECS and see if you can get it cheaper if they have them. My local auto zone actually has the paint pens that are volkswagen specific but of course they do not have united gray.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Agree. O0 Although they will charge serious money for it. I think when I last went to the dealer and asked for one then they said it would be around $60 IIRC. Do not quote me on that though. Order one from ECS and see if you can get it cheaper if they have them. My local auto zone actually has the paint pens that are volkswagen specific but of course they do not have united gray.
cause you united gray sucks...

MISS YOU!! lolololol

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Hey woman, do not talk to me at this moment in time. United Gray is beautiful. Way better than wait what is it? Lipstick red pearl? ;D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Check out duplicolors website, ive seen color match rattle cans on there, ordering some for mine after winter

·
Registered
369 Posts
I sure do!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sure do!

Oh damn... dice!
A lot goin on haha for a second I forgot what I wanted to look at.
I want a bigass navi screen there but I aint about to pay 700 or even 400 for one so ill probably get a small one like that. Just wanted to see how that setup looks. Thanks again!

·
Registered
369 Posts
no problem lol and yea ive had those fuzzy dice in every car ive had, but i got a warning for having them on rear view so thats why they are stuffed down there with my voodoo doll

and this head unit was about $200 i think, it doesnt have a cd player but it has the ipod integration. i just cut a hole in the bottom tray under it and have the ipod plugged in and laying in there, its a tight squeeze behind it with all the wires but it works fine, and i can pull out the head unit now without taking apart the whole dash so i can add in the steering wheel controls or fix stuff if i have to

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no problem lol and yea ive had those fuzzy dice in every car ive had, but i got a warning for having them on rear view so thats why they are stuffed down there with my voodoo doll

and this head unit was about $200 i think, it doesnt have a cd player but it has the ipod integration. i just cut a hole in the bottom tray under it and have the ipod plugged in and laying in there, its a tight squeeze behind it with all the wires but it works fine, and i can pull out the head unit now without taking apart the whole dash so i can add in the steering wheel controls or fix stuff if i have to
Voodoo? This keeps gettig better haha I obly got my raven and my pine cone.
200 not bad. Looks clean. You diy?

·
Registered
369 Posts
lmao yea got this voodoo doll down by my shore house, hes squished between the two dice in the pic, and a raven & pine cone? i thought my stuff was weird lol

but yea i did it myself, was really easy, but ive done 3 head unit installs so far, the first time i did one i had problems only because i didnt have the right tools for the job and/or needed a different part or something, just make sure you have everything you need to do it and should be a smooth install, took me about an hour and a half, most of that time was wiring it up and cutting the hole so ipod would fit

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lmao yea got this voodoo doll down by my shore house, hes squished between the two dice in the pic, and a raven & pine cone? i thought my stuff was weird lol

but yea i did it myself, was really easy, but ive done 3 head unit installs so far, the first time i did one i had problems only because i didnt have the right tools for the job and/or needed a different part or something, just make sure you have everything you need to do it and should be a smooth install, took me about an hour and a half, most of that time was wiring it up and cutting the hole so ipod would fit
Hahaha personality ftw!!
I'm sure ill just take my car to get done at the stereo place here. I live in what you could call a small town so we're hella coo with the guy here that does my family's cars :p
Thats for all the help tho man!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Lucky! Wish my town was chill like that, and no prob :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out these guys. I cannot say they are good or not, but I have some VERY TINY pin head like paint chips on my passenger mirror that I am looking to cover up/fix, and I am planning on buying some from them. If anyone else knows anything about these guys, please chime in. I am either going to buy the touchup (Well, I am most likely anyway), or I am going to install or have someone install some Carbon Fiber mirror replacement caps.

https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/place_order2.cgi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts