Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has bought some coil overs for their gti, if so what did you buy? Whats the real way to go?
I just bought my GTI 4 days ago. Im goin to ned some help. however I have already schooled a couple wrx's through my local canyons. haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2006 with H&R Coilovers. The ride is much better, it understeers far less when pushed hard in the turns; and it's far more stable, especially over 100mph. I'd highly recommend them. The ride height is also adjustable, and when properly set up, it sits at a height that makes it look far better than stock. Don't lower it for looks, by any means; but the way it looks is definitely an added bonus.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I've got the Koni Sport Kit setup and installed by StaSis Engineering and an H&R rear sway bar. I'm very happy with the handling 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya im not much into doing stuff for looks. im more worried about handling. I was lookin into the Bilsteins as well as the H&Rs. Anyone think the bilsteins are worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, did anyone install themselves? I m pretty mechanical im new to the car world but I have been working on my motocross bikes forever. Which are now gone, reson why i had to have a car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts