Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure everyone has pushed their car a little too hard at least once. Maybe you've turned off the traction without realizing how helpful it is. Here's the place to tell your story.

I have close calls every single day, and come close to hopping the curb pretty often. I've always seemed to keep it under control though (even with traction off) and so I've never actually hit anyone or anything. Sometimes you just take a corner a little bit too fast.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
a little too fast? hah. try cutting across about 7 lanes after you go through a toll booth at 100mph to try and get off at the exit while having to go in the middle of a minivan and guard rail (one lane) to make it. hah. i love my GTfly

·
Registered
556 Posts
I hit a patch of ice and skid for about 10 yards, scary as shit but it was all good: no traffic ^-^

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anything in a GTi is better than my current car. a 2002 f-150 supercrew with the 5.4 liter v8, and i'm pushing 400 horsepower. it sucks in bad weather (sometimes its fun). the bed swings out on me all the time.

i cant wait for my GTi, at least it will be a little better in bad weather. and about 3 times more fuel efficient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts