Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this belonged in the "Keeping your GTI looking good." category.

Some of these pics hardly show the lines. You'll have to look hard to see it. I'm pleased with the work quality.

Watch this video if you dont know anything about it:

http://www.xpel.com/video_gravel.asp

Fender shot:

Hood line:

Xenons

Wiper doors area:

Crappy shot of car:

Mirror shot:

Door edge:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks good indeed. I also got the A-pillars, inside the door handle area, and the top of the rear bumper by the hatch door. It is certainly worth the money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great! Did you do it yourself or get it done at a shop? If at a shop, who does this stuff? A window tint shop? Thanks............

·
Registered
346 Posts
The cost for a full laser cut application designed for the car (partial hood, fenders, mirrors, and front bumper) will cost on average 550$ installed.
This from another site, and the guy who did my tint charges something comparable, though I can't remember the exact figure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey guys and gals.. I just got a quote for my fast to get the clear bra installed from 3M and it is going to cost me about 460.00. I went directly to a 3M store here in Miami. They told me the best way for their product to be installed and guarrantteed is to get it directly from them. The actually have quite a few stores nation wide. Highly recommended to check them out.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Has anyone done it themselves?

My kit just came in ;D

I've done headlamps/foglamps before, but I'm a lil paranoid about screwing it up...

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
drkside said:
did anyone install this clear bra them self on their car? You can get the 3M kit on eBay for a sweet price.
It's do-able, but it's a bitch and takes two people, and if you screw up your sorta SOL. The biggest challenge are the curves on the hood. If you want it done right there is a place in Walnut Creek that did mine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
drkside said:
did anyone install this clear bra them self on their car? You can get the 3M kit on eBay for a sweet price.
dont even try....... not worth the money you save....... have u ever installed window tint? if not ur better off paying some 1

i cant do it ???

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
xxxfast said:
drkside said:
dont even try....... not worth the money you save....... have u ever installed window tint? if not ur better off paying some 1

i cant do it ???
Exactly^^^. I've done headlamps/foglamps and mirrors before but the hood is a B*TCH!

Drkside- what side of the bay are you on?

I'd show you pix- but it's clear :p

The owner at Griffin didn't even notice it on when he (standing next to the car) said I really should get a clear bra ;D

·
Registered
230 Posts
im getting venture shield on my gti tommorrow from a guy that my dad knows, im getting it full body and headlights

and might i ask what might be the point of doing the inside of the door handle?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are the other front end cover options? $500 might be too much for me, and I'm having trouble finding traditional bras for the MKV on the internet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the 3m clear bra, it cost me $300.00 installed, but I got it done at cost through the dealership I worked for (normally around $400-$500)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts