Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Navi system in my 07 Gti....how should I clean the screen?

The manual recommends "a little alcohol"....but....does not seem effective, kinda smudgy

GO GTI!

·
Registered
274 Posts
The manual is not specific. You should use a drop or two of mild liquid detergent in warm water. Moisten only and buff dry with a soft cloth. Do this while sipping your favorite adult beverage.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Why were you cleaning it in the first place? Did it have smudges or just dust? I know the screen on the non-Navagation system doesn't really smudge too easily. I bought a little Swiffer duster thing made especially for cars/dashboards/etc. and it works wonderfully. I noticed if I used anything with any sort of liquid it just smudged or left streaks. It's good for all the "hard to reach" places.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found some glass cleaner which worked well...I will purchase the Armor All brand though.

I took it to a car wash a week ago, and bought their exclusive "40 dollars everything" wash....and the outside was wonderful....buy they just used some rag on the whole dash :/

Looks better now tho.....I"m surprised the manual didn't get specific...its actually a very well written manual

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gti07Md said:
I found some glass cleaner which worked well...I will purchase the Armor All brand though.

I took it to a car wash a week ago, and bought their exclusive "40 dollars everything" wash....and the outside was wonderful....buy they just used some rag on the whole dash :/

Looks better now tho.....I"m surprised the manual didn't get specific...its actually a very well written manual
I never let the car wash people do the inside of my cars because of the mess they make with the glass. Tell them not to and if they do, they lose their tip. Then stand there and watch them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys I got the answer to the screen cleaning..... the stuff is called "Monster" Screen Clean. I use this on my LCD tvs at home and in my car. It leaves no streaks and comes with a microfiber cloth and man this stuff does an awesome job, and its $29.95. I hope this helps :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts