Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week I was caught driving two kids under 18 and one person that was 18 with a license. The police officer gave a me citation for 70 dollars for driving two kids without me having a license for 6 month (had it for 5 months). I can either pay the ticket or fight it in court. The officer let me drive away with the 18 year old but took the two 16 year kids and gave them a ride home. My question is if I pay the ticket will I get my licensed suspended? someone told me that paying the ticket will prove me guilty and I will get my license suspended. And If I do for how long? Also I live Massacdusettes. What should I do! any help is helpful!!!

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
last week I was caught driving two kids under 18 and one person that was 18 with a license. The police officer gave a me citation for 70 dollars for driving two kids without me having a license for 6 month (had it for 5 months). I can either pay the ticket or fight it in court. The officer let me drive away with the 18 year old but took the two 16 year kids and gave them a ride home. My question is if I pay the ticket will I get my licensed suspended? someone told me that paying the ticket will prove me guilty and I will get my license suspended. And If I do for how long? Also I live Massacdusettes. What should I do! any help is helpful!!!
you should follow the law..

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
you should have obeyed the law first of all. You can either hire a lawyer and fight it or pay it. I highly doubt they will suspend your license unless laws up north are really that bad. I have gotten so many tickets and 3 are on my record but have not gotten my suspended not once. Just pay it and get it over with.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
you should have obeyed the law first of all. You can either hire a lawyer and fight it or pay it. I highly doubt they will suspend your license unless laws up north are really that bad. I have gotten so many tickets and 3 are on my record but have not gotten my suspended not once. Just pay it and get it over with.
Follow the law. Just wait until your 6 months are up and then get start driving around people. Do not get that car taken away or your license so you cannot drive it. But do not bother fighting it. Just pay it and pay the consequences. I hate to say it but with a new car then you must have extra responsibility.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Follow the law. Just wait until your 6 months are up and then get start driving around people. Do not get that car taken away or your license so you cannot drive it. But do not bother fighting it. Just pay it and pay the consequences. I hate to say it but with a new car then you must have extra responsibility.
Yeah, If you get a lawyer it will be way more than $70. I wonder if it will go on your record.. Who knows but I am sure they wont suspend your license. Almost positive.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Yeah maybe but just pay it and suffer the penalty. But I do not think you will have your license taken away.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You don't have to "wonder" if your license will be suspended; call the courthouse and ask them. They have to give you an honest answer. If the minors were just riding in the car, you should be fine with the fine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ya, getting a lawyer doesn't sound too smart.
That's like 300 bucks an hour. Just pay the $70 fine.
And "Massacdusettes" sucks for having that law

·
Registered
763 Posts
Similar restrictions for novice drivers exist in other countries as well. I dont understand what the purpose of them is but thats hardly something you want to mention to the judge. Dont get a lawyer. Go to court, be honest and apologetic, and you should get off easily.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Similar restrictions for novice drivers exist in other countries as well. I dont understand what the purpose of them is but thats hardly something you want to mention to the judge. Dont get a lawyer. Go to court, be honest and apologetic, and you should get off easily.
Nope, highly doubt it. When you go to court they say. Hi, let me see your stuff. This is what you can do and you pick. You wont have time to talk to the judge or anything without getting a lawyer and going to trial. No matter how small the court is either.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
2011 back GTI, Apr stage 2, stage 2 Carbonio, RCS turbo back exhuast, Black cherry tinted tails, 35% tinted windows, Blacked out reflectors, blacked out front and back GTI emblems.

^^his signature

his settlement or his parents clearly have the money for a lawyer if a 16 year old kid is driving a brand new stage 2 GTI

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you are under 20 years old and you get a ticket you automatically loose it for a minimum of twenty days, if you get a second ticket before you turn twenty its a 60 day loss of license. I'm only 18 and have had 3 tickets and I'm yet to loose my license, and i know that this contradicts what I've already stated, but I fought eveyone of them and only won two of the tickets but the third was just a fine. If you dont attempt to fight it then chances are youre gonna loose youre license and you really have nothing to loose if you try to fight it, you can only better the outcome.

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
This isn't even a moving violation. Pay the $70 and be more responsable next time. He obviously let you off easy because I'm sure his primary stop was not based on seeing 4 people in a car. or go to court and see if you can get it dropped or reduced. but I don't even know what that small of a ticket could be reduced to. what is the code section that you violated writen on the ticket? search that code section online and find out what the minimum penalties are. It's not the end of the world here.

The reason for that law is to keep inexperienced drivers from getting distracted or feel they need to show off and injuring or killing several young people with there inexperience. and I agree 100% with it.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
This isn't even a moving violation. Pay the $70 and be more responsable next time. He obviously let you off easy because I'm sure his primary stop was not based on seeing 4 people in a car. or go to court and see if you can get it dropped or reduced. but I don't even know what that small of a ticket could be reduced to. what is the code section that you violated writen on the ticket? search that code section online and find out what the minimum penalties are. It's not the end of the world here.

The reason for that law is to keep inexperienced drivers from getting distracted or feel they need to show off and injuring or killing several young people with there inexperience. and I agree 100% with it.
I wanted to quote the bottom paragraph of this post but tapatalk doesnt wanna do that so...

Lmao. Kevin trudeau said what's up

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
There's not a lot of room to fight that. Law says you need to drive 6 months before driving others under 18. Just pay it and move on.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nope, highly doubt it. When you go to court they say. Hi, let me see your stuff. This is what you can do and you pick. You wont have time to talk to the judge or anything without getting a lawyer and going to trial. No matter how small the court is either.
He isnt being charged with a serious offence, its a 70 dollar ticket, so why would he get a lawyer thats worth 5 times that per hour? My roommate got two red light camera tickets and 2 speeding tickets all within a yeat of getting his "G" drivers license and had all of them reduced by simply showing up in court and saying he wants them reduced cause he has an irregular source of income as a university student. Every time it was a different judge and they all gave him 5 minutes to explain why he is there and what he wants.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm with vlad here. The only reason to get a lawyer is if you get a moving violation that you REEEAAAALLLLLYYYY don't want on your record. This isn't even a moving violation. Go plead to the court, pay the fine, go home and call it a day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts