·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree also. Lets say that i get my car chipped and put a turbo back exhaust and intake. can i kiss my warranty goodbye?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
What's the green light on his dash? I think the orange one is for having ESP off, but the green one? Also, how did he film that, with the camera around his neck? Was obvious he was driving manual.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Daytime Running Lights, I think.

Also, why did he put that terrible music to it? We want to hear the engine and the turbo.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bboy AJ said:
Daytime Running Lights, I think.

Also, why did he put that terrible music to it? We want to hear the engine and the turbo.
i think it was the DRL's also. and the other orangish sign was for the traction control.
... and yeah it would have been a lot better if there was no music :-\

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
No, it wasn't cruise, had a different shape, but it might have been foglight indicator.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I actually think it is the cruise control light. I can read it on my computer (by pausing the video) and it does not say DRL. You can also tell by the location of the light in relation to the speedometer numbers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thalo said:
The cruise control light is a bit lower and it is circular, not rectangular.
Your dash must be different than mine and the car in the video. The cruise control light is located just to the left and slightly down from the 140mph indicator. It says CRUISE when the cruise control is turned on. The light comes on when you turn the power on to the cruise with the stalk on the left side of the wheel (not engage the cruise, just turn it to on) The DRL indicator light is located straight to the left of the 160mph indicator. There is no circular light for the cruise on my car. Now I'm done :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
AleGav said:
I agree also. Lets say that i get my car chipped and put a turbo back exhaust and intake. can i kiss my warranty goodbye?
I asked a VW service manager about this the other day. he told me as long as the parts installed dont care the car to break then you are ok. if you have those parts in the car they will surely try to blame anything that happens on you but to void the warranty (lets say you got the turbo back) and something goes wrong with the exhaust system then yer #%$^ED!!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
That's weird, my cruise light is a small picture of a speedometer with the dial locked into a position.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
No dude, they just didn't want to make a "french version" of the car.

In this pic you can see what my cruise symbol looks like, right above the DRL light.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts