Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a sub in my 09 gti i spliced in to the speker wires n ran rcas to the amp it workeed fine then my check engine light came on and the sub quit working its not pushing any boost i called the dealer they cant do any thing till friday was just wondering if any one knew any thing bout this... im going to take out the sub and see if that helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i took them stirght form the back of the raido n ran a power to the bat n a remote to the fuse i used heat srink on every thing .. and i dont no why doing this would make my light come on but maybe its not because of it but im riping it out just in case and im takin it to the dealer and im not sure if me doing this would void the warrenty

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
If it has a direct effect on the issue it voids warranty. If they cannot prove that you caused the issue then its covered.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Boost as in boost from your turbo? That doesn't make any sense at all...

Did you use a speaker to line level converter to run your amp of your speaker level?

Are the speakers still working that you spliced the speaker wire off of?
Which speakers?

Did you hook up a fuse in the power line from the battery to the amp? (You should if you didn't already). How well did you ground everything?

There is nothing in the rear of the car (wire wise) that should cause ANY conflict unless you blew a fuse. That's my only assumption.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes boost from turbo , yes i used a converter . yes the rear speakers still work thats what i spliced in to .. no i didnt use a fuse on it but it was only a 100watt amp and every thing was grounded good im an electrition i no what im doing with that stuff lol .. and the fuse that i put the remote to isnt blown .... it might not be from the sub but my car still isnt maken any boost i havent driven it since it happened

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Pretty odd issue. Not sure what damage could be done to the back of the radio that would cause loss of boost. Not sure if there is one, but maybe a fuse or the connection for the DV. Im guessing they are computer controlled and if the fuse for it is blown it will not open/close properly. Thats just a guess though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.