Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 2008 VW GTI MKV and theres only 175 miles on the car and my check engine light is already on just wondering if anyone else has had the problem and if i should be worried.

Let me know,

Thanks, Kyle

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Kyle-
This happened to mine as well, many times during the break in period. However, my CEL would clear itself.. after about 3 days of it being on, it would turn itself off. The dealer eventually diagnosed it as an Intake Manifold Valve Runner Adjuster fault, and replaced the part. Not a big deal.. but take it in if you have a bad feeling about it
Keep in mind If the light starts blinking at you, then its serious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i havent put gas in it yet so it wasent that but i just looked under the hood and the oil cap was alost completly off and i put it back on and turned the car on but the light was still on. Do I have to drive the car for a while so that it figures out that i fixed it or would it automaticly turn itself off?

let me know

thanks,kyle

·
Registered
103 Posts
i havent put gas in it yet so it wasent that but i just looked under the hood and the oil cap was alost completly off and i put it back on and turned the car on but the light was still on. Do I have to drive the car for a while so that it figures out that i fixed it or would it automaticly turn itself off?

let me know

thanks,kyle
good that you found the problem (hopefully). You car should notice it after a while and reset it's self. if it's still on for a couple of days then definitely do to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.