Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not to make this long...on on my way to orlando from miami with the GF for vacation! My fast only has 900 miles on it....and for the record I have driven it very easy during the break in period......as soon as I take the exit off the turnpike in kissimmee the check engine light comes on.....car is driving perfect, dsg shifting fine, I call my sales rep and he says not to be alarmed if the light is not flashing, which its not! oh yeah on a side note i called classic VW of orlando to see if they would run a diag on my car to see whats up since im from out of town but they just blew me off and said the earliest they could see me would be 5 days out....great service for a quick OBD check!!!! anyways the next night i was in orlando i turned the car on and the check engine light was off...,u luck only lasted that night since the next morning while driving to one of the parks the check engine light came back on!!! I checked the most obvious things like making sure the gas cap is tightened and trying to see if their were any lose things in the engine bay but I couldnt find anything!!!! Well now im back home from orlando and the VW dealer here isnt going to see me till wednesday.....Can anyone shed some light on what the heck could be going on.....like i said before engine seems to be running perfect, DSG is shifting right, gas milage was great for the trip...if anyone can give me their 2 cents i would appreciate it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
it could honestly be anything. as long as the light is not blinking its not a major problem though. i run with a check engine light all day everyday since i have no cat since i know if something is seriously wrong the light will blink. if i were you i would just continue to drive the car easy until you get it tested. FYI try to make an appointment towards the middle of the week otherwise you will most likely be stuck there all day. my friend came down from orlando and his airbag light went on and he brought it in at 10am friday and they did not even check it until saturday. (gunther VW on coconut creek)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey GTFLY thanks for the reply man i appreciate it....as a matter of fact I have an appointment at esserman VW by international mall on wednesday so hopefully I wont be there stuck all day...just like you said im babying my fast right now...let me ask you something, i have a couple of buddies that have OBD II diag readers....will one of these be able to read the code my car is throwing or will the VW dealer be the only one able to read the code?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It could be a boost leak somewhere. My cel went on because the engine wasn't receiving the boost that it was requesting. Turns out that one hose was working its way loose and another hose had a crimp in it. Quick and easy fix if that is the problem you are having. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man my light comes on and turns off all of the time and every time i take it to RS Motorsports and they run a check for me and 9 times out of 10 it has something to do with the diverter valve because the stock valves are a piece of crap and I have had mine replaced twice already for no reason. But anyway I can almost guarantee you that that is the problem...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys I appreciate all your responses! Well im taking the car to the dealership tomorrow but earlier this night I checked my fast myself with a reader that one of my buddies from work has.....it turns out my car is throwing two codes which are both o2 sensor readings...this at least lets me breath a sigh of relief since now i know for sure it isnt nothing major....hopefully the dealer now wont try to keep my car for an eternity since I know its a quick fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts