Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering were the cheapest places to buy these would be? I am the worst at searching online and can only find them at the tm tuning but that takes 14-20 days to get them and i would like to cut that down by a little if at all possible. [help]

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am pretty sure they are just meant to continue the openess of the front grill, I dont remember seeing anything when I was messing around with the front grill area
correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
They add an average of 10 horsepower. [fish]

I think they are purely aesthetic...

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Holy thread revival. But....has anyone noticed that most vendors more or less doubled the price on these lately? Oh well, I got mine used for like $25 on the 'tex.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Holy thread revival. But....has anyone noticed that most vendors more or less doubled the price on these lately? Oh well, I got mine used for like $25 on the 'tex.
No kidding, just browsing ECS they have thwem for $121$ RIP OFF!!!

Oh well, I'm not getting them until I get a fmic with red hoses, so I can show them off a little.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Mk5 production ended, so these parts become much more expensive and in higher demand.

The purpose of these is to keep the DSG tranny cooler. The only thing side-mounted on our cars is the horn.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thx DJ. I thought they would aid in brake cooling. DSG cooling sounds much more logical. Living in Houston cooling can be a serious issue. Plus with the DSG heat sensor recall issue they may be worth the money. They do look good as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.