Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't know if it's authentic or not, but if you have a 2006 or 2007 GTI then it's not for you. It says it's a setup for a 1.8t, MKVs have 2.0t engines.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
personally i would not buy something like that on eBay. too many chances of a wrong fit or faulty product in my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has a 90 day warranty. what are my other options? i was looking at the gtrs eliminator kit from atp turbo as well as the gt28rs kit.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Pardon UnitedGTI06's unique phrasing. What he meant was, "I wouldn't buy that." right?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Pardon UnitedGTI06's unique phrasing. What he meant was, "I wouldn't buy that." right?
I wish I had a translator like this to drag around with me...keep me from getting into trouble with my mouth when I tell it like it is.

As for the ebay special turbo kit; I wouldn't trust it. You really do get what your pay for. It very well may be able to put out 25PSI and 400 million horsepower or whatever, but don't expect this kit to just bolt in and get revving. I would guess it'll take several hundred dollars and dozens of hours working just to get it installed; then you'll still have to figure out what's causing the MIL and then have the ECU rechipped. Good luck to anyone who buys this one. And anyone who does have a good experience with this or another similar deal, let us all know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts