My Fast GTi banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been trying to get the trun signal bulbs out to swap them for blue ones i know which cover to take off on the headlight column but i cant seem to remove the actual bulb if any one has done this and if there is a trick please help. and if any one has any idea on changing the led blinkers on the mirror to blue. i was wondering if we can just swap the led or do we have to buy a whole new assembly for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o yea they are by law but iv had all cleared out signals on my 03 celica gts as well as 5% tint all the way around for over a year now and iv never gotten a ticket for either im not really one who follows the laws in the first place lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
FYI- california Law indicates it must be an amber or clear light for a turn signal in front and an amber or red turn signal in the rear... This is only for california i dont know how the other states work.

So a light Blue light in front would be easy to get away with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea new jersey has laws against anything but amber turn signals as well as having limo tint all the way around i dont really care what the lay prohibits me from doing cause im going to do it any way lol so any one on here that can help please i hate having orange turn signals blue just looks so much sleek and cleaner in my eyes

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know in Virginia, you can not have any blue lights/reflectors anywhere, no red lights/reflectors in the front , or strobe lights of any kind on a passenger vehicle.

if you have red or blue lights in the front of the vehicle, it can confuse people when they see you in their mirrors. It can be confused for an emergency vehicle. Same with blue lights in the back. Ive seen a couple of trucks get rejected for having blue dots in their break lights. My father was a virginia state inspector for 25 years.

Im not sure if this is virginia only, but it would make sense to me if it was all 50 states.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
FYI- california Law indicates it must be an amber or clear light for a turn signal in front and an amber or red turn signal in the rear... This is only for california i dont know how the other states work.

So a light Blue light in front would be easy to get away with.
What section of the CA vehicle code? IIRC clear signals are OK for pre-1974 vehicles to the front.

Blue lights are a big no-no.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
laws laws laws... how do i get the ugly orange bulb out of there do i push while i turn its like its stuck is there another way to get to them besides the small cap that is over them cause its way to small for my hand to get back there. can some one please help me

·
Registered
43 Posts
IÂ’m sorry, but I canÂ’t, in good faith, offer assistance to someone who quotes the all-mighty Vin Diesel in their signature.

I recommend leaving them legal amber, youÂ’ll get more respect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well then thanks do all your no help since your all great law abiding citizens here. it seems to me as that no one has the guts to break the law in pursuit of happiness as to what they want or it could just be that im in one of the most corrupt towns if i may ad i was pulled over cloaked at 125mph in my 03 gts which i might add that was completely cleared out every light except for my break lights as well as 5% tint all around with 8 inch windshield banner and sure the cop was mad but it sure is great to no alot of people leaving the scene with a simple $65 seat belt ticket. grow a set and take some risks

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
07FURYMKV said:
well then thanks do all your no help since your all great law abiding citizens here. it seems to me as that no one has the guts to break the law in pursuit of happiness as to what they want or it could just be that im in one of the most corrupt towns if i may ad i was pulled over cloaked at 125mph in my 03 gts which i might add that was completely cleared out every light except for my break brake lights as well as 5% tint all around with 8 inch windshield banner and sure the cop was mad but it sure is great to no alot of people leaving the scene with a simple $65 seat belt ticket. grow a set and take some risks
I just have to ask WHY do you want to give the cops a stupid reason to pull you over? Why waste your time and their's?

I take enough risks with how I drive >:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Unfortunatly I can't take a stand with the majority :'(

Clearing your headlights/putting in clear bulbs might be silly, and in some cases illegal - but if done right can look killer. (and can be done legally as they sell clear bulbs that blink amber - see below pics)

Here is a before and after of cleared, and a clear bulb with amber blink on one of my old rides:

Although I stayed "Legal" (w/ the clear bulb that blinks amber), if the worst thing that's go'n on is a non-amber bulb I don't think it's the end of the world - but that's just me 8)

This is the only thing I could find in the tech manual on changing the bulbs: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/docs/bentley/headlightremove.gif

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dude, i take enough risks without having to having to take unnecessary ones. If I am going to get pulled over for something, it might as well be for something worth while talking about later on. Plus, the government doesn't really condone traffic tickets, especially since I have to drive their vehicles around all the time. I like Scans' idea of clearing out the blinkers, but still having them light-up amber. If you wanna put blue on your car, get some LEDS and run them into the light housing and hook them up to a switch in the cockpit. That's what I did with my old truck and it looked nice. Really easy too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts