Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
deviltailedfast said:
GTI*UP said:
jgo said:
GTI*UP said:
I took my ride into the dealer the other day and had them look at the mix mode misfire...according to them, the GTI does not come with a mix mode for all 6 discs...just mix mode on one disc. Does this not seem ridiculous? So far, my general impression of the dealer can be filed under useless.
Why; because he lost his magic wand and couldn't make it do as you pleased? The dealer didn't design it, man.
Thanks dude for the enlightenment. When you pay $34k for a car, you'd expect the stereo to work that's all. Have a good one.
1. I hope that 34k is not American? :)

2. Yeah, dead on. It has "magazine mix" mode. What would that represent? When you pay a bunch for a car, you want at least a decent stereo. It should actually play songs randomly from the magazine in magazine mix mode. The dealer didn't design the car, but they are still responsible for it!

If you bought a cd changer from Best Buy and it didn't behave as expected, I bet they'd replace it...
1. Nope, I'm in Canada...LoL...I was just waiting for someone to comment on the $34K cost.

2. Logic wins - great analogy too.

Take it easy,

· Registered
842 Posts
quick07 said:
Just went out to check all this out on mine and all works but was fairly involved. For my 07', press and hold down the scan button for more than 2 seconds, thiis opens the settings menu. Scroll thru to mix play and select option you want then press and hold the scan button for more than 2 seconds once again. Now, to activate your choice hold down the CD button for more than 2 seconds and your choice appears in the upper right of the radio display. hope this helps
I am confused, this post seems quite clear. So does it work or doesn't it?

· Registered
300 Posts
uncle dude said:
quick07 said:
Just went out to check all this out on mine and all works but was fairly involved. For my 07', press and hold down the scan button for more than 2 seconds, thiis opens the settings menu. Scroll thru to mix play and select option you want then press and hold the scan button for more than 2 seconds once again. Now, to activate your choice hold down the CD button for more than 2 seconds and your choice appears in the upper right of the radio display. hope this helps
I am confused, this post seems quite clear. So does it work or doesn't it?
Yeah, Quick. I've done exactly that, but I think what people are reporting is that you only get single disk random after setting magazine mix, not the full 6 disks. What happens when you perform the above with mag mix?

· Registered
2,168 Posts
im not sure if i want it to shuffle through the discs, if it has to check each freakin disc each time, u probably could go for a 20mins drive an cycle through a total of 5 songs.

go the mp3 way.....4hrs of music on one cd, and make separate folders

· Registered
146 Posts
I figured out why my cd player was never changing disks on the mix-mag random mode, if anyone is interested to know, it just may help you out too. Apparently the cd's do change, but not until every song on one cd has been played. It will then switch to another cd and play every song on it, in random order of course, and then on to the next one. Since I burn all of my cd's in mp3 form, and rarely drive more than a few hours at a time, I never gave it a chance to switch. So, with that being said, it really sux that it can't switch in a truly random fashion, but it is nice to know that my stereo isn't f-ed in the A. Hope I eased some confusion.

· Registered
84 Posts
Fat Chris said:
I figured out why my cd player was never changing disks on the mix-mag random mode, if anyone is interested to know, it just may help you out too. Apparently the cd's do change, but not until every song on one cd has been played. It will then switch to another cd and play every song on it, in random order of course, and then on to the next one. Since I burn all of my cd's in mp3 form, and rarely drive more than a few hours at a time, I never gave it a chance to switch. So, with that being said, it really sux that it can't switch in a truly random fashion, but it is nice to know that my stereo isn't f-ed in the A. Hope I eased some confusion.
oooooooh! Thanks, Fat Chris! I had noticed this and was starting to think from this thread that it was a non-existent feature. :)

· Registered
181 Posts
Fat Chris said:
That is the way my dealer explained it to me clarifying that after it plays all tracks on one CD in random order it then switches to "another" CD, but not necessarily "the next" CD.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.