My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my GTI only a little while ago, and was itching to race my buddies 98 Prelude (H22). His mods are a full exhaust, AEM Intake, low weight pulley

Supposedly he is putting out 220 HP with unknown torque.

We raced from a stop for about 2 blocks. I picked up right of the line at about 3000 rpm and stayed about half a car length ahead the whole time. He never was gaining on me, always right there....

Either way though, technically I won.

Who have you raced? I don't think anyone is looking for random races where you have no clude what you are really racing....only those things you've done with a buddy or at a track?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I've raced my buddies Integra, another friends old Civic hatchback Si. I've raced some laughable people too. A Hyundai Elantra, Lancer OZ Rally, a Chevy Colorado, A Toyota Camry V6, and one dangerous race on the freeway against a new Civic (he wouldn't stop chasing me). I was passing up cars at about 75 in a 60 when the Civic cuts me off! I was like, "Hell no!" I passed him so easily and pulled away like nothing. I slowed back down and about 3 minutes later, he tries passing me up all fast from behind. Once again, "Hell no" and I caught up and passed him up again. What a ricer.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
so far i beat in REAL races...
A3 from dead stop, and from 20 roll
IS350 from 20 roll and 40 roll (beat me off the line race cause i got 0 traction... it was on a somewhat sandy road :/)
Mustang GT from 20 roll (only did one race and then he got mad and drove home haha)
GTi MKIV from a 20 roll (two times) he was APR tuned.
GTI MKIV and Silvia (they were infront of me at a light and gunned it when the light turned green so i gunned it as well and drove around the silvia and then was gaining on the GTI MKIV pretty fast and then he braked to turn :(. the silvia driver was laughing when i was turning and he passed me. HE GOT RAPED BY V-DUBS! haha.)

and another GTi MKV i race a bunch. we usually take turns winning but the past few times i have taken him so i guess i got the car tuned right now :).

im broke now so dont really plan races since i can barely even pay for gas haha.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so with GIAC and a cat back and a down pipe you beat a GT?

i can't believe how many problems you all are giving me about the cobalt.....if you beat a GT with those mods, i wont have any problem.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
im only giving you problems with the cobalt because you said you ran 14.9 and he ran 14.5 from a 20 roll i think you would beat him but from a dead stop i think you would need a bit more.
if i raced the mustang from a dead stop it would have probably killed me off the line and beat me but if you can get him to race from a 20 roll i think you would jump on him and then after about 60 he will start to catch up on you.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
and also GT's have horrible top end. the way they come stock is not too impressive if you ask me. 300hp v8... lexus is350 306hp v6, BMW m3, 333hp v6... the mustang can probably hold more power through upgrades but from the factory it is nothing special. the Lexus IS350 would of raped the Mustang GT haha.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still, like i said with an intake and chipped i would think i could pick up at least half a second and if anything keep him on the line before i started to pull away...

believe me, a Mustang or two have raped me lately. no fun...

i didnt realize it was from a roll.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the mustang i raced was also a convertible with an auto tranny. it would have been way way closer if it was manual.
i really donno. i would love to say yes a chip+intake will beat him but you gotta remember also intakes do next to nothing except for indurance and sound and the chip will give you nowhere near the numbers APR, GIAC, and REVO say they will.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you dyno'd yours by any chance? i was thinking about going revo (only thing clode) but a guy can do it for me from a smaller company. i dont have the name on me but he says it's pracctically the same thing. the thing i like about it is he is easier to deal with than any shop.

what gains do you think ill actually get. i have seen an gti with apr dyno'd to 260 lbs torque and 211 whp

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
those are probable gains. torque seems a bit much but you definitly get more torque then hp... as for getting a chip from a smaller company i would find out the name of it first and look it up... there are some other chips out there that people dont really look. APR, GIAC, and REVO are the 3 main companies though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Today alone I've "raced" a new Chrysler Sebring, a Jeep Liberty, and a Turbo PT Cruiser, all of which were completely a joke. I hate when people try and cut you off like they're driving a Lambo or something... so I just match their acceleration until they miss their exit, then I back off. I'm an as5hole for sure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I should have put cars I've raced....

Miata- beat but he wasn't too slow by any means

The prelude i mentioned b4

Older GTI

Nissan Sentra (1.8S)

Jetta 1.8T

Passat 1.8T

and thats all i can think of for right now...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok here are cars i smoked ;D ;D ;D ;D
- 03 passat four motion from (20mph roll)
- 06 acura rsx-type s (from roll)
- old civic si hatchback( from roll, and from stop)
- my friend's geo prizm( that was a joke lol)
- 03 dodge stratus
my mods are:
-giac chip
-injen cold intake
-cat back
-other stuff

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kylmos said:
did anyone say wow? and what the hell is clode greyfast? you say it in almost every post
yea, check again....someone did say wow

on an clude (not clode ---maybe you should check what you type before you check what i type--) is a aztec word for clue...MY BAD

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was on my way to school one morning when i came across a mustang gt, and a G35. They flew past chasing one another and i thought i'd join in. After about three blocks i passed the mustang. I then came to a stoplight next to the G35 and right before the light turns green, a cop bike pulls in between us..... i didn't feel like street racing after that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I beat a new Aston martin Vantage ;)...actually I pulled up along side of him and we both accelerated to the speed limit and then just sat there, I then had to make a right and he continued on...the same thing happened with a brand new continental GT convertible today, although there was a lane merge and he pulled away to pass me, but you cant win em all !!! 8)

1 - 20 of 181 Posts