Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 2007 GTI w/ 88k on it, 6 spd.
So my fast makes a click each time I press on the accelerator and then the same "click sound" when the rpms drop and reach idling level, I opened the hood and had a friend press the gas as I tried to listen but its not coming from in the engine bay and had trouble pinpointing where it is coming from, I'll try to post a video with the sound bit it will probably be too quiet to hear, another thing is that when my car is cold I hear a squeak every half second or so but once it warms up it goes away, my fast just hit 88k and am thinking it is the timing belt which is being replaced on friday. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Car is making a few siunds and would like to know what it is, need help please.

Yea the squeaking sound I am not sure of. It happens to me too!!! I brought it in but by the time I get it there it stops. As far as the clicking goes idk but if it does not make the sound when reving from engine bay then it has to do wit the peddle and cant be to bad.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Car is making a few siunds and would like to know what it is, need help please.

The squeaking is accessory belt and/or modules it operates. The clicking could be anything starting with the pedal and ending with a cracked throttle-body flapper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The squeaking is accessory belt and/or modules it operates. The clicking could be anything starting with the pedal and ending with a cracked throttle-body flapper.
Would I pop a CEL for a cracked throttle body flapper?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts

I do not think that you have anything to worry about. My car makes the same squeaking belt noise and I think it might just be the pulley or something. Unsure but it is not really a big deal. The clicking is also nothing to worry about as I have the same thing and the dealer did not say anything about it so it is all good.

·
Registered
228 Posts

I have 65k on mine and its been squeeking since 55k but i', gonna change the belt soon so i'll let you guys know. It's only 150 from ecs and comes with a new pulley.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Ya, I was just on ECS and saw that too and figured I'd do the pully along with the belt. Could I do the timing belt myself? I've never done one but every time I do a job or fix something on my car its the first time Ive done it lol... Do you know if there is a DIY for timing belt on an MKV on here?

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts

a screw in your tyre ?

hahah might be dumb, but it makes a clicking sound each rotation :p

·
Registered
763 Posts

I havent done mine yet but with a guide like that and a proper set of tools its just a matter of time and a few swear words.
I was just using the throttle flapper as an example. :) 99.9% chance thats not it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same situation last month, when i drove by rental car to New Jersey. The easiest way to check if the noise is coming from things. To do this, empty the glove compartment, all compartments and the trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts