Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started to bog about 2 days ago. It only did it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. It felt like something was holding me back real hard and all the cars weight would go to the front as if i was slaming on my brakes. Anyway it went away and it came back tonight on my way home. But this time the car would turn off as I came to a stop or if i was at a stop.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
lmunz22 said:
I'm thinking limp mode? Call the dealer right away.
I second, take her to the boys at the dealership and get it sorted, hopefully before any damage has been done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked my gti. Everything was running awesome until the next day when I got my air filter changed to a K&N . Stated suppose to add hp. It seemed fine once I left the performance shop but then on the highway loss of power> First was quiet like it was dead. About 1000rpms . No power or kick until 6000 rpms not liken whater happened. Just changed the freaken air filter. What do you think it was? Going to dealership tomorrow not the performance guy. Could it have tripped a censor and if so how did that happened. Very sad today hopefully happy tomorrow. AAnyone had a similiar problem with a change of air filter??

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
jdog said:
I just picked my gti. Everything was running awesome until the next day when I got my air filter changed to a K&N . Stated suppose to add hp. It seemed fine once I left the performance shop but then on the highway loss of power> First was quiet like it was dead. About 1000rpms . No power or kick until 6000 rpms not liken whater happened. Just changed the freaken air filter. What do you think it was? Going to dealership tomorrow not the performance guy. Could it have tripped a censor and if so how did that happened. Very sad today hopefully happy tomorrow. AAnyone had a similiar problem with a change of air filter??
The K&N is pretty much the same as the stock filter, I would say waste of money. I hope you didn't drop any debris into your turbo outlet 'cause your warranty might be blasted not using an OEM part. Maybe your MAF sensor doesn't like the filter? Good luck, you may need it, let us know happened. Oh, and get your money back from the performance shop and put it towards a real intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im getting down to the problem of the K&N filter thing... in theory it should not matter but I have noticed less response not more.... so something is up...Im going to another h perform shop tomorrow in Surrey bc to really see wats up...also the car is running a bit better than even yesterday..i drove it a lot...Ive heard about four or five theories on wat might have happened but I wont discuss those yet...dont want to send out false info and scare everone paranoid..stay tuned

·
Registered
87 Posts
My GTI was cutting out so I took it to the dealer; they ran full diagnostics and found nothing..
Next day she died!! Towed to dealer...Found:

"Intake Runner Failure" and
"Fuel Pressure Sensor Failure"

Fixed and towed at no charge...Up and running FAST again...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.