Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to this site...i drive a 99 honda accord. By christmas i WILL have my new car, the only thing is, will it be the 08 GTI 3 door, RSX type, or the civic SI. i am torn between these 3 cars..not so much the SI, but its clost between the GTI and rsx. I just have a couple of questions..if i put a REVO chip in the GTI, what kind of results will i notice? will i notice a big difference between the GTI stock and my 99 accord ( i know close to nothing about cars). Thanks for all your help !

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
ChopCity84 said:
Hello All,

I am new to this site...i drive a 99 honda accord. By christmas i WILL have my new car, the only thing is, will it be the 08 GTI 3 door, RSX type, or the civic SI. i am torn between these 3 cars..not so much the SI, but its clost between the GTI and rsx. I just have a couple of questions..if i put a REVO chip in the GTI, what kind of results will i notice? will i notice a big difference between the GTI stock and my 99 accord ( i know close to nothing about cars). Thanks for all your help !
With the cars on your wish list... the GTI has something the Hondas don't have- it's torque ;D

Go drive them and decide on your own O0. I think you'll find that the build quality on the GTI is far above the plastic feel of the Si and the power delivery is very smooth.

The other thing is the Revo software does make a noticeable difference. For the few hundred you spend on the Revo software, you would not get the same bang for the buck with the Hondas (I don't think Hondata has a chip for the Si and even if they did, it would yield minimal gains since it's a non-turbo.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thank you for your reply....furthermore, do you know any tips/tricks for me to say/do at the dealership to try and get a good deal on it? i will be buying it about 2-3 weeks before christmas. also, before i test drive it, how much of a difference will i notice from my 99 honda accord manual, to the 08 GTI manual? THanks !

·
Registered
158 Posts
Take it really easy. With all the torque, you're going to peel out every once in a while until you get used to it. Once you get it on the road, that's fine, but I'd really try to avoid peeling out of the dealership lot. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
well...it depends on which engine you have in the accord either way...its going to feel much more powerfull than the accord because the GTI is mich lighter. If you have the 4 cylinder....there is going to be no comparrison. If you have the V6...its about the same HP, but the GTI has more torque. Plus...the GTI is a 6 speed.

There really is no way to describe it. Just go test drive.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
ChopCity84 said:
Ok, thank you for your reply....furthermore, do you know any tips/tricks for me to say/do at the dealership to try and get a good deal on it? i will be buying it about 2-3 weeks before christmas. also, before i test drive it, how much of a difference will i notice from my 99 honda accord manual, to the 08 GTI manual? THanks !
I ended up driving an 07 Accord with the V6 while my GTI was in the shop after an accident. I was NOT impressed. The wank-offs at Enterprise Rent-a-hoopty classified the Accord as a luxury car and charged an arm and a leg.

There are a few threads on here that you can search for that will give you ideas on pricing. If you can find an 07, they may be more willing to make a better deal on the car.

When you test drive the GTI- test drive both the manual and DSG. O0 If you haven't driven a DSG- you may be in for a suprise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, i have the 4 cylinder accord. I am hoping to notice a big difference haha. I can not wait to get my GTI !!. i heard that VW take very well when you put chips in them, do you guys know where to find the best deals on chips, how much horse they add, and where is the best place to have them installed. Thanks! ( this is for a 08 GTI)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
ChopCity84 said:
Yea, i have the 4 cylinder accord. I am hoping to notice a big difference haha. I can not wait to get my GTI !!. i heard that VW take very well when you put chips in them, do you guys know where to find the best deals on chips, how much horse they add, and where is the best place to have them installed. Thanks! ( this is for a 08 GTI)
Do a search- there are a few threads on here. Start with this one: http://myfastgti.com/vw-gti/vw-gti-powertrain/vw-gti-chippingsoftware-discussion/374/

Your best bet is determing what company you want to go with first and then check their website for a dealer locator. Prices are generally fixed, Revo and APR have a try before you buy option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.