Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the latest shoot out in C&D? The Gti Whips the Si up one side and down the other.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GTI is Declared The WINNER!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've been trying to find that article on C&Ds website, but so far no luck. If you have a link, that would be awesome. I'd like to see the results as I was seriously entertaining the idea of getting a Civic Si.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrJones said:
I've been trying to find that article on C&Ds website, but so far no luck. If you have a link, that would be awesome. I'd like to see the results as I was seriously entertaining the idea of getting a Civic Si.
C&D hasn't released it for the net yet. You can pick it up at you local news stand very soon. Many who have C&D subscriptions have already received it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
actually the civic si wins...... ??? ??? ??? The only reason they say is because the GTI is to "gentlemanly" Well yea if the fact that it has a shit load of awesome features makes it "gentlemanly" then i'd take the "gentlemanly" car anyday. Screw the civic si's 130 ftlb's tq.

GTI!!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I got a hand out of the article at the VW Dealership that had the article re- printed. Don't have it in front of me right this second but I believe it was from March 06 C&D.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, I have the reprinted article that I got from the dealership in my hot little hands right now. March 06. The GTI beat out the CVCC desendant 220-215.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i've read it over and over again.....always brings a smile to my face

·
Registered
888 Posts
"And so the victor is the GTI. One logbook entry summed up the difference between the two cars perfectly: "Hard to argue against the GTI with its comfort, pace, refinement, space, and interior quality. It doesn't have the graceful and impressive handling of the Si, but it gets the job done." Dubbers can rejoice — the GTI is back." (C&D article)

Its because of that i looked at the civic si for all of 30 sec.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"And so the victor is the GTI. One logbook entry summed up the difference between the two cars perfectly: "Hard to argue against the GTI with its comfort, pace, refinement, space, and interior quality. It doesn't have the graceful and impressive handling of the Si, but it gets the job done." Dubbers can rejoice - the GTI is back." (C&D article)

Its because of that i looked at the civic si for all of 30 sec.
I test drove the SI before the GTI, and all I could think the whole time was "This thing is unbelievably SLOW".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts