Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 manual six-speed. Transmission will shift fine when the car is stationary, whether or not the engine is running. However, if the car is moving, the transmission cannot be shifted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmmm, wish I could help you. I know when I am stationary sometimes I can't shift into gear (1st or Reverse) all the way (feels as if it's half way in gear), until I let my foot off of the brake (with foot on the clutch of course) then it allowed me to get in gear fully. But never came across your issue.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
2011 manual six-speed. Transmission will shift fine when the car is stationary, whether or not the engine is running. However, if the car is moving, the transmission cannot be shifted.
I can't say I have heard this issue before. I have had issues Shifting 2-3 while moving. But never all gears.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Since shift with load is an issue my guess would be either clutch or synchros are somehow problematic. How many miles on the Trans/Clutch?

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
if you havent screwed with a shortshifter or anything like that i say drag that thing to the stealership for some warranty werk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts