1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 MKIV Golf GTI 1.8t with a 5 speed automatic tiptronic tranny
Trying to use a 06A906032HF ecu.

Using a generic blue vagcom cable.

Ok, so I was able to retrieve my eeprom.bin from the ecu I got from the junk yard. I used the me7_95040 command line tool to retrieve it. Tested the pin in VCDS, success, correct pin.

So I decided to do the immo delete myself. Changed the eeprom.bin file using WinHex.

I changed:
00000010 line 2 from 01 to 02, 00000010 line E from A5 to A4, 00000020 line 2 from 01 to 02, 00000020 line E from A4 to A3.

This should be a successful removal of the immo3.

All I have to do is flash it back over the eeprom. With me7_95040 you cant flash in OBD mode. Only bootmode.

This is where I'm having trouble. Been trying to get into bootmode for over 6 hours.

I've grounded pin 24 on the ecu.
  • held pin 24 ground wire to the negative side of the battery while turning the key to ignition 2. Both 2-3 and sometimes up to 10 seconds, then removed. no success
  • held pin 24 ground wire to the negative side of the battery with ignition is position 2 with the positive side removed. Connected positive side, waited for both 2-3 and sometimes up to 10 seconds, then removed. no success
  • held pin 24 ground wire to the negative side of the battery with ignition is position 2 with the negative side removed. Connected negative side, waited for both 2-3 and sometimes up to 10 seconds, then removed. no success

I've tried this process with and without resistors on the grounded 24 pin.

I've even tried removing the #10 ecm fuse with the same process...still no success.

PLEASE HELP. I'm stuck at home with 3 cars not currently running (damaged car#1, no start car#2, just broke key today car#3)
PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I Give up on this. I even made a harness to go directlly to the obd2 cable to bencb flash it. Still no success... Just ordered a custom tune ecu with a stage 1 tune and immo defeat. Will update all with the status of my ride..

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
hope that new ecu and tune will work

·
Registered
295 Posts
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php All the info you need is here...I was having trouble too as I started dabbling in NEFMoto. you need to correct the checksums with eepromtool (which has an option to automatically immo off), and try grounding out pin 24 with pin 3 disconnected from ecu, then power on, wait 3 seconds, connect pin 3, wait another 5 seconds, remove ground, then hit enter(have your code line ready to go). boom! should work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts