My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for input on prices for the GTI in Canada, as well as available options and so on.

Has anyone been able to negotiate down the MSRP?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Off my vehicle purchase agreement (all in $CAD):

MSRP: 30,875 (includes freight)
Leather Luxury: 2,580 (leather seats, sunroof and tint)
Other options, that I'm not getting are the 18" wheels for about $900, and DSG for $1400
Accessories (block heater and mud guards): 295.00
Tire/Air Tax 399.00
Warranty and Products: 295.00
Fees, Reg and License: 21.40
GST (federal sales tax): 2,411.08 (double that if you live in any province other than Alberta)
Total: 36,876.48

From what I've found out some ways that the Canadian version differs from the American is that seat warmers are standard in the Canadian version. No satellite radio included (but SR ready) and 6 disk MP3 readable changer is standard. Doesn't seem to be an option for dual zone climate control. Also, no blue-tooth ready cell phone thingy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muchos gracias, mi amigo Thalo!

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you paid list price, no? In other words, no real room for $$$ negotiation?

Also, any prices for the ground effects kit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I moved this topic from the canadian club forum to general discussion. Only because of the important info that this thread contains!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody else willing to share how much off MSRP/discount on accessories they were able to get? Thanks!

Saoirse said:
I'm looking for input on prices for the GTI in Canada, as well as available options and so on.

Has anyone been able to negotiate down the MSRP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
2007 5 DR DSP TIP
BASE(INC. FREIGHT PDI DEALER PREP & SEC ETCH) - 36,834
FED A/C TAX 100
A.B. TIRE LEVY 20
DOCUMENTATION FEE 249
SUB 37,203
TAX 2,232.18
BAL. DUE 39,435.18
INCLUDES LUXURY LEATHER PKG
ALLOY'S

The only thing I got for free was the rock guard AKA clear bra. ~$450.00
Oh and a hat...and an oil change

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see base MSRP hasn't gone down since last year even though our dollar is about 10 cents stronger.

So when I bought the car I basically payed the equivalent of about $26000US excluding options. Now it costs the equivalent of $28,000US for the base model. VW must be loving the Canadian market.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello

I am talking to the sales too, seems I could get it to $31,500 before tax

after tax (11%) would be about $35,000

2007 GTI 2 door, just add sunroof option. Free floor mat, splash guard, and will tint the windows for me.

Sounds ok? more rooms to talk?

Also, it's June, should I get this one or order a 2008 model, just a few months away?

Please help man! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm guessing this is a manual? Maybe I'm just a sh!tty negotiator but I couldn't get them to move on the cost at all :mad: They had two sitting there still wrapped up from shipping and I guess they saw me coming :p Oh well I'm happy!

·
Registered
842 Posts
tonyhon said:
Hello

I am talking to the sales too, seems I could get it to $31,500 before tax

after tax (11%) would be about $35,000

2007 GTI 2 door, just add sunroof option. Free floor mat, splash guard, and will tint the windows for me.

Sounds ok? more rooms to talk?

Also, it's June, should I get this one or order a 2008 model, just a few months away?

Please help man! :)
If you want the sunroof I would go for it. We are getting a 2008 and are a little unsure because we don't know what they will change. Also, your price above doesn't include PDI, frieght and all that other crap.....does it? If so, that is a good deal, if not, not a great deal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Kool said:
I'm guessing this is a manual? Maybe I'm just a sh!tty negotiator but I couldn't get them to move on the cost at all :mad: They had two sitting there still wrapped up from shipping and I guess they saw me coming :p Oh well I'm happy!
You have to make sure you don't smile when you negotiate ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
uncle dude said:
If you want the sunroof I would go for it. We are getting a 2008 and are a little unsure because we don't know what they will change. Also, your price above doesn't include PDI, frieght and all that other crap.....does it? If so, that is a good deal, if not, not a great deal.
Sorry, full spec is 2007 GTI, 2 door, manual, with sunroof, floor mat, splash, block heater.

Yup, that $35k include everything. Thanks, knowing it's a good deal. Still got to think this one or a 2008.

For you info, I talked to the dealer, he show me some change on 2008.

I only remember a few, I think it's a US spec, not sure if it's the same as Canada

- Wheel changes, still 17", but it's the 18 inch style one (circle holes)
- Gas and Brake pedal will have more space between each other
- No washer for headlights (don't think we have that in Canada anyway)
- some changes in the center console

there is some other minor changes, hope that helps.

Try talk to the dealer, he show me those changes in their internal site, it's there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I haven't had a chance to test the headlight washers, as I don't get my car until Sat. morning...but on VW's canadian website it list them as standard so they better be there!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Kool said:
I haven't had a chance to test the headlight washers, as I don't get my car until Sat. morning...but on VW's canadian website it list them as standard so they better be there!
deleted mid way through 2007.........doubt you will have them........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kool said:
I got my fast in Jan 2007 and dont have the headlight washers, so i dont think you will have it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apparently you can't order the Ground Effects kit when you order the car in Canada. Has anyone gotten the kit aftermarket through VW? How so? I'll wait for a response for a few days and then I'll start a new thread because I need an answer.

I think the 08's will be in by November, so I hear. I'm waiting, personally.

·
Registered
842 Posts
08CWmkv said:
Apparently you can't order the Ground Effects kit when you order the car in Canada. Has anyone gotten the kit aftermarket through VW? How so? I'll wait for a response for a few days and then I'll start a new thread because I need an answer.

I think the 08's will be in by November, so I hear. I'm waiting, personally.
I have the 2008 specs and the ground effects kit is not on the list of options that can be ordered. I was told our 2008 will arrive early September, they put a rush on an ordered car (paid for) over a car a dealer orders for their lot. So if you want one quicker, I suggest you fund a deposit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts