Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to read up on this in the threads and I can't seem to get a good answer. I want to set my gti up with at least apr stage II+ but I don't know about the BOV vs DV. I know that the stock DV leaks over 10psi, but should I upgrade the stock DV or get a HKS SQV (will that work for my 2007 2.0T) or is there a different one?

All I want is a straight answer from some one who has a 2.0T and has there's upgraded. No bull**** answers because this could be a costly f**k up if done wrong and that's the last thing anyone wants.

Thanks for all the info and I hope this thread finally clears everything for everyone because I know everyone is sick of this question. Thanks again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ok i run a HKS SQV BOV on mine and i have a DSG and i love it. before it had the Forage DV and it broke on me so i went with the BOV plus it sounds way bad A

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
You can also upgrade to the OEM "D" revision DV. The "D" revision went to a piston style DV that is also computer controlled. This is what I went with and Im running Uni Stage 2 with 0 issues.

·
Dub 2.0
924 Posts
ya but dont go with forage
Forage Porage...

I think he means Forge ???

FFFahrenheit, your the first that I know of to have problems with Forge. Typically they are a pretty reputable brand and usually have good products as well. I am not running any of there stuff but I know many that do without issue.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
just dont come b!tching here if your car breaks and complaining how we mislead you on this forum. Take most things said on this forum with a pinch of salt. Its your car, you do the research, stop trying to get spoon fed.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
just dont come b!tching here if your car breaks and complaining how we mislead you on this forum. Take most things said on this forum with a pinch of salt. Its your car, you do the research, stop trying to get spoon fed.
{agree}x2

·
Dub 2.0
924 Posts
As Nugz said... when in doubt you can always rely on OEM stock parts. The DV and PCV both have upgraded kits availible on ECStuning.com.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
As Nugz said... when in doubt you can always rely on OEM stock parts. The DV and PCV both have upgraded kits availible on ECStuning.com.
Yeah, the 'D' version DV is your best bet for piece of mind. It doesn't sound as loud as a BOV, but it's more efficient and built strong, it will not screw anything up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, the 'D' version DV is your best bet for piece of mind. It doesn't sound as loud as a BOV, but it's more efficient and built strong, it will not screw anything up.
{agree} Running the "D" DV on my car with no problems and it seems to be solid.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
+1, the psht sound get kinda anoying every time u let off for a month straight, but if thats what your into...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright well I'll definitely have to go with the "D" DV it seems like the safest route and it's cheap. Thanks for everyone's info and I hope this clears it up for a lot of people to come.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.