Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of honda engines and especially the rotaries can pretty much hang gears up high all day.. how are our mkv gti engines ?? any insights.. personally i just hate hangin gears.. i tend to throw it into neutral alot and coast even when im rippin it hard lol.. just seems like such wear and waste... only for show and sound once ina while i guess to show off that beautiful engine hum

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
i would have to say that the engine is good at high rpm but like everything else in the world if you drive it too fast all the time something bad is bound to happen i do not take it over 5000rpms

·
Registered
749 Posts
mystik said:
i know alot of honda engines and especially the rotaries can pretty much hang gears up high all day.. how are our mkv gti engines ?? any insights.. personally i just hate hangin gears.. i tend to throw it into neutral alot and coast even when im rippin it hard lol.. just seems like such wear and waste... only for show and sound once ina while i guess to show off that beautiful engine hum
What Hondas are using rotaries? Or did you just mean Japanese cars in general?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea sry i meant mazdas engines lol... heard those engines can just stay up there all day long.. but yea agreed.. only time i rev it intense is racing or just rippin on highways here and there.. pulling the hole gears,... just loooove that dam feeling soo sweet.. but otherwise i shift nice an early.. even sometimes try and stay under boost but our engines are too god like hehe they looovee the boost everywhere hehe

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
just remember OUR GTIs are our BABYs and Friends so we all have to treat them right or they end up just like all the other cars out there in this world that were not treated like babies or a damn good friend

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Well, I would think that the engineers who designed the GTI had both Autobahn and Neubergring in mind.

But if you were racing the car on a regaular basis, just out of paranoia- I'd way up the maint. schedule.

Hi temps on a regular basis tend to break down fluids faster than normal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dragon that is good advise , i didnt even think of that. but yea some of those guys that do 1/4 mile drag races with nos and stuff change the oil after every race day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts