Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it so hard to find a C.A.R.B legal cold air intake in California? I've looked on a few shops online that have stores in my area yet all the ones that are legal are unavailable. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I think most people go with the illegal route. I dont know of anyone who has a CARB legal intake on their gti in cali, but i know a lot of people with intakes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured that but im trying to make it a little bit easier on myself if anything does happen haha

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
yeah i know what you mean. but unfortunately california sucks when it comes to modding cars. you practically cant do anything legally

·
Registered
471 Posts
i got my spectre p5 cone air filter from autozone for $40. it's awesome. no sticker necessary.

as long as you aren't straight-piped, you shouldn't have a problem with cops at all. I've never been pulled over actually, and both my headlights and tail lights are tinted black aha.

EDIT: Dude, you live in pleasanton. you're right down the freeway from me bro. 680 never has cops! just don't fly through 880 during commute and you'll be fine.

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
move to georgia, where cops ask you to pop the hood so they can admire at what you have done to it haha
lols ive had the cops around here ask to do the same but its rare usually they are bustin my balls for stupid stuffs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got my spectre p5 cone air filter from autozone for $40. it's awesome. no sticker necessary.

as long as you aren't straight-piped, you shouldn't have a problem with cops at all. I've never been pulled over actually, and both my headlights and tail lights are tinted black aha.

EDIT: Dude, you live in pleasanton. you're right down the freeway from me bro. 680 never has cops! just don't fly through 880 during commute and you'll be fine.
haha i usually stay on 580 and 680 the only time i go on 880 is to visit family, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

man are you serious? I see cops on 680 all the time when I drive to and from davis where I go to school

·
Registered
471 Posts
yeah from milpitas>pleasanton is pretty chill on cops.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anyone know if they made the E.O. for the Neuspeed P-Flo for 2012 yet?

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
anyone know if they made the E.O. for the Neuspeed P-Flo for 2012 yet?
Who cares just print off one of the old pdf files for an older neuspeed intake

·
Registered
10 Posts
just talked to Neuspeed today and the 2012 CARB order should be done by the end of summer so i'll just wait on that. Being in Law Enforcement I have to be legal

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
just talked to Neuspeed today and the 2012 CARB order should be done by the end of summer so i'll just wait on that. Being in Law Enforcement I have to be legal
Eeeh theres shady law enforcement people all over ... Its stupid cali tree hugger laws anyways lols just get an intake it wont change ur emissions like a catless exhaust will

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
move to georgia, where cops ask you to pop the hood so they can admire at what you have done to it haha
I Have not been pulled over yet!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
on new stuff you dont need to have it smogged for 6 years so get it run it then change it back if it hasent passed by then for the test

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was reading somewhere that it had to have the CARB badge inscribed into the pipe. I'm in no hurry I can wait a couple months for the CARB order to come out so I don't have to switch it later down the road. I'm getting a Magnaflow cat-back put on today so that will feed my need to upgrade for now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts