Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get into the VW club buy purchasing an MKIV model. unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to get into the MkV :(. I am completely new to Volkswagen this will be my first. I have become a huge fan as I research. Anyway, to the point I am planning to take a look at a few GTI's at different little dealerships and I would like any advice as to things to look and listen for both while test driving and inspecting it while it is sitting still. The two car's I will be looking at specifically are an 02 1.8T and a 2003 anniversary edition. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't know how mechanical you are so don't be offended when I suggest getting some help. When you find the car that you think is it, take it to a mechanic you trust and have him do an inspection. It will cost you some dough but could save you a fortune, know what I mean?

Most dealers are happy to let you get the car checked and I have never had a private seller object. If they did, it would tell you not to buy the car anyway!

Good luck!

·
Registered
842 Posts
DriveFast said:
I'm looking to get into the VW club buy purchasing an MKIV model. unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to get into the MkV :(. I am completely new to Volkswagen this will be my first. I have become a huge fan as I research. Anyway, to the point I am planning to take a look at a few GTI's at different little dealerships and I would like any advice as to things to look and listen for both while test driving and inspecting it while it is sitting still. The two car's I will be looking at specifically are an 02 1.8T and a 2003 anniversary edition. Thank you in advance.
Spend the $20 and join the Consumer Reports website - there is a wealth of information there on all VW models.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congratulations Dude! Now you have to post pics! ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.