Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to pick up a 2006 GTI from a guy. I already test drove and checked out the vehicle. No problems, just one rim got a little curbed parallel parking somewhere in chicago. Otherwise the vehicle is perfect, not even a single door ding. It's a black coupe with PKG 2. 8400 miles. I'm getting it for $19k. What do you guys think? Anything in particular I should be careful of? I'm getting inspected as part of my loan company's policy, so I already know that of course, but is there anything else? What do you guys think of the price? Any replies are much appreciated.

·
Registered
635 Posts
everyone should buy a car used..you buy a GTI new from dealer 27-28k almost and buy it used you can get one with under 3k miles for under 20k thats an amazing deal dont pass it up

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought mine with 22k miles on it pkg 1 for just under $19k before tax and title, with a few nicks and scrapes on the wheels. I would just suggest testing a new GTi at a dealer first so you can just get a feel for anything that might be out of the norm. Make sure that it is boosting properly and no real squeaks and such. The ol' butt dyno works well to detect boost. 8k miles, pkg 2 = killer deal for $19k... IMO. As long as the factory warranty isn't voided and it has a clean carfax/inspection, go for it. I love mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts