Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm interested in buying a GTI, I test drove one and feel completely in love with it but I'm worred cause its a pretty big investment. Any advice, feedback, flaws, or anything else you can think of would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is the first VW I've had in a decade, and completely satisfied thus far. My best advice is to get all the options you want if you can afford them. There is nothing worse then plunking down a big chunk of change for a car and wishing you had the heated seats 2 weeks later. Good luck and welcome!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Clavos is right. It is easier to pay for something you enjoy than to pay for something you had to settle for. Don't get over your head but get what is important to you. Watch for other GTI owners in your area an ask them who their salesperson was and if they had a good or bad experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i'm sorry but can anyone explain what "mark" means? I'm from Germany and never heard something of a Golf GTI Mark V...?!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mark is the first name of the head designer for this generation of of the GTI.

Or it could be the designation for the fifth generation. MkI = first gen, MkII = second gen, etc...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice guys, good to know especially from you guys who actually own a GTI. Keep up the good vibe you've got going with this forum.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
KarlMarkV said:
Hey everybody I'm interested in buying a GTI, I test drove one and feel completely in love with it but I'm worred cause its a pretty big investment. Any advice, feedback, flaws, or anything else you can think of would be much appreciated. Thanks
hopefully the word "investment" in your post is not intended as it is defined... unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
blackgti06 said:
Mark trust me this is the car to get its is a big investment but its worth it at the end.
I just cringe everytime someone says "investment"... 99.99% of all cars will not yield a return!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'm amortizing this car at $266/mo on my Quicken. Probably not even enough. Oh well, you're only young, single and with no kids once in your life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts