Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Anyone buy their GTI on-line? It seems to be the only way to get a discount.

2.Anyone buy their car in the US and ship it to Canada?

·
Registered
245 Posts
1. No, only placed the order online.

2. Don't! Major pain in the ass and is not worth it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
uncle dude said:
nitroburn said:

Was the discount for the on-line quote about $495?
I didn't notice any discount.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nitroburn said:
uncle dude said:
nitroburn said:

Was the discount for the on-line quote about $495?
I didn't notice any discount.
On www.cars4u.com it is $495 - at least I can use that as a bit of leverage with the dealer. Hard to bargain when they can't keep them on the lot. Wait time is 4 months.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
there were a few on the dealership lot in tysons, va

dealer was gonna do a good deal on a magic black GTI w/ package #2...had 30miles would of sold it for 25.5k

·
Registered
81 Posts
I find it amazing that in some area's it's that hard to get your hand on a new GTI. I just checked the inventory at the 5 dealers within about 70 miles of Buffalo,NY and found 4 orange plus 31 more from about $22k - $29k

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
quick07 said:
I find it amazing that in some area's it's that hard to get your hand on a new GTI. I just checked the inventory at the 5 dealers within about 70 miles of Buffalo,NY and found 4 orange plus 31 more from about $22k - $29k
That's how it is here....you have a wonderful selection but at the same time I see other GTI'S at least once a week. It's not bad though, we get to check each other out. You know, I have never been prompted to race by another GTI..HOW COOL IS THAT?

I did my deal online with the fleet manager of VW, I opened negotiations with the base price I get with AAA and went from there. Fleet guys are the only way to go. You don't have to deal with sales managers or finance managers, just the guy that makes the deal. (No offense FF or anybody else who is in the industry) I just hate the headache of the whole sales team thing.

I had my price before I ever even saw the car. I came in, drove it (with 3 miles on it) made sure it was perfect and signed on the line. It took me about 25 minutes. The only Way to go IMO.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quick07 said:
that does sound nice. I don't think they are selling that well here because I don't see any on the roads.
Well, around here in Vancouver I am starting to see more of them. However, when you go to the lot they rarely have more than one - they have to be selling tonnes of them. Their sales are up in both countries, and it is easier to get a loaded one than a 'base model' - which is why we have to wait do damn long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I am here in Silicon Valley and been to three dealerships today, and all three had at least 10 different GTI's in both 2 and 4 door. PS all three had at least 1 farenheit. Getting 1K below sticker, but still $500 over invoice should be easy. if not go somewhere else. I think they are good cars, but remember we have choices and they need money. They aren't selling THAT fast.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
left coast los said:
Ok, I am here in Silicon Valley and been to three dealerships today, and all three had at least 10 different GTI's in both 2 and 4 door. PS all three had at least 1 farenheit. Getting 1K below sticker, but still $500 over invoice should be easy. if not go somewhere else. I think they are good cars, but remember we have choices and they need money. They aren't selling THAT fast.
We got almost $1100 off sticker. I honestly think they are fewer north of the border.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My original dealer inquiry was through the vw.com website. There's a point after building your own where you can ask for a dealer contact. They contacted me, and I ended up going down for a test drive, falling in love, and getting $1000 off for an "interent sale".

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deviltailedfast said:
My original dealer inquiry was through the vw.com website. There's a point after building your own where you can ask for a dealer contact. They contacted me, and I ended up going down for a test drive, falling in love, and getting $1000 off for an "interent sale".
Nice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
buying the GTI in US and then shipping it to CANADA will be the biggest pain in the ass u ever do

first u need to pay GST on the car, then u need to pay transfer fee of 125 + 10% of the value of the car then u need to pass canadian standards, so the head lights will fail since they need to be brighter in canada ... then u need to register ur car with customs so that will cost u $500

so in the end ur paying like 20% more on top of what u paid for it in US dollars to have it in canada

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.