My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up....when I first got my fast I would hear what sounded like a burping sound coming out of the exhaust when flooring it and shifting with DSG! :D I know I read in one magazine review this was an attribute of the 2.0 engine mated with the DSG but my question is why and what makes that sound???? Any thoughts let me know guys! [help]

·
Registered
530 Posts
That sound comes from your 'diverter valve'. Basically, when shifting, the engine rpm drops, creating too much pressure from your turbo, your diverter valve releases this air back into the intake side of the turbo, esentially "burbing" your engine. It is perfectly normal. For more information you can use the search button near the top of this page to search for "diverter valve", DV, Blow off valve, and BOV. [gti]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the answer buddy!!!! even though the sound seems like its coming out of the exhaust your explanation makes perfect sense!

·
Mod!
3,420 Posts
No no no.

What you're hearing is not the DV. I know exactly what you're talking about. It is the exhaust.

Burping, eh? I never heard of it that way. My friends (the jealous ones especially) like to say my car is "farting".

It happens the most in "S" mode for me or when I'm shifting. Mostly going from 1st to 2nd then sometimes 3rd to 4th. After that it doesn't sound like farting or burping. Just nice.

I don't know exactly why it makes the sound but it's definitely coming from the exhaust I've run various "test runs" with my friends on the outside as I drive by. It's really loud. Vrrrrrrrooooommmm Brrrrrrppp.... hahahaha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ok now were getting some where......I guess I didnt want to be rude against our fast's but thats what I actually meant to say regarding the type of sound my fast makes! My brother told me that it sounds like my fast just ate a couple of bean burritos!!! :D Anyways whatever the hell is making that sound I like it since it lets me know my fast means business! O0 Thanks for the reply kryptonkid!!! I just want to make sure were not the only ones with the farting fast!

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you dont take your foot out of it when it shifts, it will fart every time, in every gear. the more drastic the Rev change...the louder the fart.

i personally love the sound. If it annoys you...just let up on the gas durring the shift...no fart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts