Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed protective cover for the top of their back bumper? Lifting things in and out of the hatch over time really thrashes the top of the bumper.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Has anyone installed protective cover for the top of their back bumper? Lifting things in and out of the hatch over time really thrashes the top of the bumper.
Some of the extra thick 3m clear bra stuff would work- but you'd have to cut it yourself.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clear bra stuff is a good idea. I wouldn't mind if it was stainless steel or something (other than chrome), even black would be okay. Can't find anything like this:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ Thanks Dragon, you could be a personal shopper to the stars. ::)

I will see if they have it for MKV, I will also try to find one in North America.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
I shop for Paris all the time, but since she's in the pokey- biz has been slow. :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:
I shop for Paris all the time, but since she's in the pokey- biz has been slow. :p
She (Paris) got a "get out of jail 'cause I'm crazy" card today. She's out of jail already!! :mad:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NVGTI said:
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:
She (Paris) got a "get out of jail 'cause I'm crazy" card today. She's out of jail already!! :mad:
It is amazing what a man slave can do! What has America come to, a country in search of royalty. To bad the Kennedy's aren't around.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump.

I really want to order this but the only maker I can find on-line is Kamei. Does anyone else have any thoughts or links? We will have a white car, and I am not sure which will look better (silver or black). I am thinking silver might look better than black, at the moment. The other thing that is disappointing is that it is plastic, but maybe that is best since the bumper is plastic.....? I thought aluminum or stainless steel would be better, but no luck. I might have to get it fabricated.

http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ED&Product_Code=42106

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can't find it either but I am almost positive I have seen it. I remember when building my GTI on vwfeatures.com a long time ago it was there and I think I remember it from the VW Designs section of vw.com. There used to be a "For You" heading and a "For Your VW" heading. The For Your VW is gone. Maybe they are updating the accessories. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
181 Posts
uncle dude - Here's what I found out from vwdrivergear. They e-mailed me a photo, but I can't figure out how to paste it into this message box. Normal c & p did not work.

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: FW: Boot Sill Protection, Golf 5 : 1k0 061 197

Thanks for your interest in the Volkswagen DriverGear e-Store.
It looks like the Brushed Metal Sill Protector is part number 1K0061195 and the Clear Vinyl Foil is part number 1K0061197. Both should be available through your local Volkswagen Dealer. The image below is the clear foil - and is shown on a European Golf, so pricing may vary.
We hope this helps, and once again thanks for driving a Volkswagen.
Happy motoring,
Your VW DriverGear Team

Boot Sill Protection, Golf 5 :
1K0061197
$95.00 inc GST

Transparent loading sill protection film for sticking onto the rear bumper.
Easy to adhere, excellent protection from minor loading exercises.
Also protects the bumper edges.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
uncle dude - Here's what I found out from vwdrivergear. They e-mailed me a photo, but I can't figure out how to paste it into this message box. Normal c & p did not work.

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: FW: Boot Sill Protection, Golf 5 : 1k0 061 197

Thanks for your interest in the Volkswagen DriverGear e-Store.
It looks like the Brushed Metal Sill Protector is part number 1K0061195 and the Clear Vinyl Foil is part number 1K0061197. Both should be available through your local Volkswagen Dealer. The image below is the clear foil - and is shown on a European Golf, so pricing may vary.
We hope this helps, and once again thanks for driving a Volkswagen.
Happy motoring,
Your VW DriverGear Team

Boot Sill Protection, Golf 5 :
1K0061197
$95.00 inc GST

Transparent loading sill protection film for sticking onto the rear bumper.
Easy to adhere, excellent protection from minor loading exercises.
Also protects the bumper edges.
I really appreciate your efforts. I will PM you with my email address and maybe you can send me the email - but I am glad VW makes one at least.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Carbon fiber......

Then you can smoke the tails and side markers to match.

Then you will have to tint.

Once you tint you will need to do coilovers because the wheel gap becomes way too apparent.

Then you will need to upgrade to the VF dogbone for beeter throttle response in cornering with the coilovers.

The Neuspeed turbo discharge will help a bit here too so you might as well throw that on.

Oh...and open fog grilles too.

You won't really have a choice at this point...so you'll have to chip.

Your DV will be good and blown by now so you will have to address that.

Now youre a junkie.... so the exhaust will have to change.

New wheels and tires.

Sound system on the way.

Why not....big turbo with a Eurojet FMIC while youre there?

My goodness...I need a twelve step program!!!

And it all started with carbon fiber bumper trim.

Welcome to the fold!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I think there is a confession in your text. [fish]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts