Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car in December. I tested the AC and ofcourse it blew cold, it was 30 degrees outside. 2 Sundays ago I went to six flags and found out that my AC is broken. I took it to the dealer and they could not find the problem. The compressor kicks in fine and it is full of frion. They said that it is probably an electrical problem. They ordered a new compressor (I still dont know why) and will call me when it comes in. I read in last months motor trend that their 2006 Audi A3 tester spent 41 days in the shop to repair a broken AC. I hope that doesnt happen to me. My fast doesnt like to be apart from me for too long. Has anyone else had any problems with their AC?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
wow... that really sucks. The only complaint with my A/C is that it's TOO cold.. and when I first turn it on, it blows out like a second or two of hot moist air, then blows cold. I hope the new compressor fixes it. :-\

·
Registered
245 Posts
Damn, have VW's always had a problem with the A/C? I keep seeing these threads about mystery A/C issues. Good thing it is rare that I need to use it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
wow... that really sucks. The only complaint with my A/C is that it's TOO cold.. and when I first turn it on, it blows out like a second or two of hot moist air, then blows cold. I hope the new compressor fixes it. :-\
That blast of warm, moist air is what is in the outlet plenum before the cold air gets into the cabin; nothing to do with faulty A/C.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i had to get a new AC a few months ago. i never even use my AC more then 3 times a week so i was pretty confused of why it went.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Seawolfe said:
kryptonkid07 said:
That blast of warm, moist air is what is in the outlet plenum before the cold air gets into the cabin; nothing to do with faulty A/C.
Yeah, I figured. Now that I read it, it sounds like I was saying that I was going to get a new compressor. I meant I hope the new compressor fixes the other guys' A/C.

·
Registered
342 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Seawolfe said:
kryptonkid07 said:
Yeah, I figured. Now that I read it, it sounds like I was saying that I was going to get a new compressor. I meant I hope the new compressor fixes the other guys' A/C.
Yeah, nothing sucks more than a car with no A/C on a hot summer day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has been in 21 days waiting on a valve for the same thing. I call every day to VW customer service and they say that they cannot give me an idea how long it will be, and to call back the following monday. I am beginning to get a little torqued.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My first car was a 91 Lincoln Town Car with no A/C because it would seize the belt when I would turn it on ;D

I never use my A/C because I just got so used to sitting on dark blue leather without it... even two cars later where both of them had working air lol. I don't think I would know if my A/C was broken even if it was.

But I hope everything works out for you...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts